Busa Vs V-max? Anyone Tried It?

Vmax is a great bike. y buddy owns one. They make the power differently. That is not 200 at the wheel either. the 120 lbs and no aeros makes a huge difference.

:D:Dgod boy o boy i can tell this is a busa blog. Nothing could ever possibly compare to ur lil busas. Nevermind that the busa is 600lbs stock and the vmax is 650 stock. Nevermind that all u have to do is take the stock cans off the max and its now 600lbs. Nevermind that the Vmax makes more torque, and as much hp, again stock to stock. Apparently stats jus dont make a goddamn difference, jus nevermind that the vmax is a far more understressed motor making the same power as a stock busa jus nevermind. stock gen2 Vmax with all 650lbs can do 9.8s in the 1/4 mile. Whereas depending on the year busas do 9.5-9.8 again stock, wiiith an excellent rider. DONT GET ME WRONG GUYS!! THE BUSA IS GREAT! but its not the end all be all. A 1700cc v4 has jus as much or maybe more power potential than a 1300cc inline 4. IF YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE STATS, AND ARENT JUS A BUSA FAN BOY, YOULL COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE RIDER. and yeah a busa will have more high end, and vmax has way more low end, guess what. Nobody gives a poop if u go 200mph. An unrestricted stock vmax will do 170+ which for a non fairing bike is soo stupid fast you wouldnt want any part of it.

Last edited:
i dont know where the hell you guys are getting 120lb difference from stock busas are 600lbs and stock Vmax about 650lbs, literally take the cans off and the max is 600lbs

I wonder how it would have been received if the v-max motor was crammed in a chassis like the Busa or Zx14?
the vmax chassis is really over engineered piece of art. Put some clip ons on the max and lower it a bit and itll feel jus like a busa, i know, iv sat on both. Foot position is nearly the same between the 2 bikes.

A stock B-King will outrun a V-Max, quarter mile, top speed, whatever, stock vs stock.
Stock, the Bking engine is a choked out Busa (100% mechanically the same, gen2). I flashed my Bking as an unrestricted Busa, ram air mod, exhaust, got rid of around 20lbs.
Completely different animal, awesome.
Bike vs bike, no way any stock or near stock Vmax is touching a Busa, anywhere.
Oh its not like the fact that the b king posts like 9.5-10 sec 1/4 mile stock and the vmax 9.8- 10.2 sec1/4 mile stock. Ohhh yeah no where near close....ok pal keep tellin yourself that :lol: BAAAHAHAHAAAA!

@Smokeybear25 A gen 2 ABS bike is 586 wet , and a non ABS is 579 . 1340 cc's not 1299 ( 1300 gen 1 )
Next the V max is shaft drive with some serious rotating rear wheel weight . 1700'ccs is great , buts its just a big bore v4 . What does this guy know you may be asking yourself . My brother Albert owns a 2009 Max with the Akro cat delete / Exhaust / blaw / blaw / blaw mods . Is it fast yes , and its fun . Is it Busa fast no its not , and I have ridden it many miles , and thrashed the rear tire .
Also you state taking cans off the max drops weight . Do you not think the giant cans on the Hayabusa also won't save weight ? Example stock exhaust is 45lb.xx oz . Mt titanium exhaust is 9lb .xx oz
My hayabusa is 496 pounds wet , and if you poke around there are several videos of its dyno runs .
I run off from Albert like hes riding the other direction, but hes 6' 4" 290 .
Also On the OLD max I worked for a Yamaha dealer , and 94/95 we were doing warranty recall's on the Max for tight crank bearings . That was so much fun ( not ) .

Only 8.87 come on lmao! With a bar.
This baby bike @ 1195 cc run that # no bar.

DSC_5234.JPG

@Smokeybear25 A gen 2 ABS bike is 586 wet , and a non ABS is 579 . 1340 cc's not 1299 ( 1300 gen 1 )
Next the V max is shaft drive with some serious rotating rear wheel weight . 1700'ccs is great , buts its just a big bore v4 . What does this guy know you may be asking yourself . My brother Albert owns a 2009 Max with the Akro cat delete / Exhaust / blaw / blaw / blaw mods . Is it fast yes , and its fun . Is it Busa fast no its not , and I have ridden it many miles , and thrashed the rear tire .
Also you state taking cans off the max drops weight . Do you not think the giant cans on the Hayabusa also won't save weight ? Example stock exhaust is 45lb.xx oz . Mt titanium exhaust is 9lb .xx oz
My hayabusa is 496 pounds wet , and if you poke around there are several videos of its dyno runs .
I run off from Albert like hes riding the other direction, but hes 6' 4" 290 .
Also On the OLD max I worked for a Yamaha dealer , and 94/95 we were doing warranty recall's on the Max for tight crank bearings . That was so much fun ( not ) .
You realize the vmax has over 30lbft of torque more than the busa?? And jus as much hp stock to stock, every stock hayabusa dyno sheet iv seen has had it in the 170s. Same as the vmax. But tha max has way more torque and a lower compression ratio. All in all any mod you do to a busa you can do to a max and proabably get much more power added from the mods.

Back