Busa Vs V-max? Anyone Tried It?

there are some oooooold threads out there about this...

image.jpeg
I ran few of the originals with my CBX, won some, lost some. Haven't run into a new model anywhere on the Busa.

I had a guy on a V-Max take off pretty fast on me from a stoplight back in about 2009. If you look at the info online, you'll probably find the V-max is no match for a busa though.

A stock B-King will outrun a V-Max, quarter mile, top speed, whatever, stock vs stock.
Stock, the Bking engine is a choked out Busa (100% mechanically the same, gen2). I flashed my Bking as an unrestricted Busa, ram air mod, exhaust, got rid of around 20lbs.
Completely different animal, awesome.
Bike vs bike, no way any stock or near stock Vmax is touching a Busa, anywhere.

Sat on one of the newish 200+ horse ?? models ( unrestricted in Oz ) , very large and heavy , but very comfortable ride position . I would like one as a stoplight to stoplight drag / streetbike . Does sound a bit like a trail bike ... or is that just me ? The 9 sec ?? one would have to be fitted with exhaust wouldn't it , well that sounded a bit weird . I think it looks better than Triumphs Rocket 3 for ultra heavy comparison , and was surprised it didn't launch better . Back in the day , of the first model , we never worried about the hype about this bike , our GSXR's were always quicker . As Six stated , not going to give the Busa any real dramas .

THREAD JACK WARNING:

Why is it that people always video drag races from the starting line? I want to see the bikes cross the finish line. Guess that's just me. OK ladies and gentlemen, continue.....

Agreed, I like standing next to the end of the track.
150mph looks much faster when someone else is doing it, lol.
Otherwise, to me, that seems to be the speed that you really start to get fast.

I'm a little surprised the V-maxs did as well as they did against the hyperbikes. It's a nice bike for cruising but I'd forget the performance aspect all together and get an old Vulcan Drifter. It's not fast but it's cool and comfy.

I knew the VMax were a beast of their own but had no idea they were turning 200hp. More hp and more torque than a busa. How is it not faster than most Busas. It’s only 120 lbs heavier.

THREAD JACK WARNING:

Why is it that people always video drag races from the starting line? I want to see the bikes cross the finish line. Guess that's just me. OK ladies and gentlemen, continue.....

Continuing the thread jacking...

I agree, it's a much better view seeing the vehicles come towards you then flying past. Plus there isn't any doubt about who won. Could it be that insurance doesn't allow people to be next to the track further down due to the increased speeds and the risk it brings?

Continuing the thread jacking...

I agree, it's a much better view seeing the vehicles come towards you then flying past. Plus there isn't any doubt about who won. Could it be that insurance doesn't allow people to be next to the track further down due to the increased speeds and the risk it brings?

Yes, insurance.
But track closest to me runs full length paralell to parking lot.
Great veiws, and have seen 100+mph crashes literally right in front of me...so same as street really.

Back