busa vs s1kr (30roll)

the BMW was simply faster imo. in any other venue bikes are never gonna ride that far at those speeds. so from a roll in traffic, to a roll on the street for maybe to the next exit or whatever on the highway the BMW clearly wins. thats more gearing then hp that dictated that race imo.

if he had reeled him in after he jumped on him and pulled off for a little bit then passed him that wud be impressive. having tp do it in that time frame at WOT isn't very impressive imo. a fast bike shud essentially be in front most of the race. not at the finish line thats a LONG ways away.

I don't know why he was sleepin' and let the 1000 get way out there on him like that,looks like he waits a couple of seconds before going WOT(maybe he just wanted to show people he could reel him in:laugh:).I've seen a bunch of swb 1000 RR's run at our local track in Fontana and haven't been all that impressed,all they want to do is wheelie and haven't seen one yet run under 10 seconds while swb piped Busas run 9.50's-9.60's all day long.

I don't know why he was sleepin' and let the 1000 get way out there on him like that,looks like he waits a couple of seconds before going WOT(maybe he just wanted to show people he could reel him in:laugh:).I've seen a bunch of swb 1000 RR's run at our local track in Fontana and haven't been all that impressed,all they want to do is wheelie and haven't seen one yet run under 10 seconds while swb piped Busas run 9.50's-9.60's all day long.

This was posted on a local forum. From what was posted. The busa rider was not comfortable with 1st and 2nd gear on the busa. Thats why he rolled onto the throttle.

I can understand that rational Beg E,I usually just roll mine on in 1st(and sometimes 2nd)'cause I can't keep the front end down either(even at the top of 2nd it wants to lift a little).:laugh:

I've seen a bunch of swb 1000 RR's run at our local track in Fontana and haven't been all that impressed,all they want to do is wheelie and haven't seen one yet run under 10 seconds while swb piped Busas run 9.50's-9.60's all day long.
yea most I see are 10.20-30's. they wheelie the whole way. I can't wait to roll up on one on the street. I rolled up on one last year and he pussed out. I just shook my head and rode off. he gav me the finger lmao. I guess he didn't want to get his feelings hurt lol

Drag strips and highways are fine, but my world has corners and mountains.
The new BMW / Kwak / Aprillia are weapons and put the Busa in its place with an equal rider.

Both great bikes. Both winners in their own game.

A 7 year old tourer has muscle but it isn't a road legal World Super-bike contender.

The Busa must have it's restriction removed...one or both of those bikes are not stock.

Hard to say which gear each bike is in...S1krr hit 100 in 1st ...Busa doesn't so whilst he looks lazy on the throttle initially it could be just a case of nervous full throttle which the S1krr doesn't need to worry about with its electronics kit

Neither are deticated race bike imo, soon as Busa grabbed the throttle in 3rd the gap started closing fast. I think he played it smart instead of having it lift and having to come off the throttle. Either way Busa ftw

Neither are deticated race bike imo

The S1RR is a LOT closer to a race bike than a Busa.
Watching Marco Melandri's race wins on one last year and having ridden a couple I'm very impressed.
They are a weapon.
Top speed in a straight line is not a "must have" for a bike that kills corners and takes on all streetbikes at racetracks.

Great bikes.

Yea I guess I shouldn't have made that statement so bland, for what they are doing (straight) line racing for money. Neither are setup as a "drag" bike. Meaning if the Busa had a arm and could full throttle out of gate it wouldn't have been such a big gap.

I'm a big fan on the s1 honestly, that statement was only directed toward that race. I have no doubt if both were setup the s1 would be/is too dog on a road course. Straight line hard to find anything that competes with the available mods and times the Busa runs.

There's a young 19yr old girl that runs a s1 at our local 1/4 and it decadently impresses me.

Yeah, the Busa is pretty special in its straight line launch and top end speed it has ruled for so long.
Even now it'll take on the rest with some mods. As a drag / land speed / straight line roll on it really is the bench mark.
The down side is that some Busa owners repeat this parrot fashion as a comparison against every new sportsbike that comes out.
I suppose its OK if that's all your into.

You mentioned the girl on the S1R, we have a local girl here (Becky) who rocked up at the strip on a 100% stock / standard out of the crate B-King naked bike, and ran a 9.90 quarter. That puta few sportsbike and Busa owners in their place! LOL

Suzuki B-King Ridden and Raced Review - Motoaus.com

Awesome girls that ride bikes are ba.

Yea I always have to tell myself there's more then just the drag strip out there. I grew up straight line racing and moved next to the local track!

Back