Busa vs R1

Swoosh_

Registered
okay so this is gonna probably sound stupid but which is quicker the hayabusa or the R1? (acceleration and top speed) i heard that the R1 now has 180hp, and i was like.. wtf so i decided to check with some guys who know wut thre talking about seeing as i can't find any articles on it, so that means u guys.

thanks

According to all the mags and articles I've read the busa cleanly beats the R1 in acceleration and top speed, but not in handlin' and lap times... Oh, and the R1's 180 hp figure is prolly crank hp... and inflated.
rock.gif

oh yeah.. hmm fair nuf.. so busa gets like.. 150-160 wheel horse power.. what would the r1 be getting about at the back wheels ? got a quick estimate ?

and any idea on how i can convince these morons sitting next to me that the busa really is faster.. (or is it)

oh yeah.. hmm fair nuf.. so busa gets like.. 150-160 wheel horse power.. what would the r1 be getting about at the back wheels ? got a quick estimate ?

and any idea on how i can convince these morons sitting next to me that the busa really is faster.. (or is it)
Dunno about the rwhp figures on the R1, but it's the busa's torque that allows it to accelerate quicker despite bein' a ton heavier. Top end is a combination of the busa's rwhp and aerodynamics. It was designed to run 200 mph. The R1 was designed for handling and lap times on the road race circuit.

As for how to convince anybody that the busa is quicker... Just show 'em.
wink.gif

lol.. i wish i had a busa.. i'm working my way there.. got a crappy little postie bike i'm just learning to ride on, moving up to probably a 600 in a year or so when i can afford it.. then hopefully.. just hopefully sometimes in the future something like a busa
smile.gif
hehe. but hey i'm only 17.

lol.. i wish i had a busa.. i'm working my way there.. got a crappy little postie bike i'm just learning to ride on, moving up to probably a 600 in a year or so when i can afford it.. then hopefully.. just hopefully sometimes in the future something like a busa
smile.gif
hehe. but hey i'm only 17.
There's no shame in startin' out small, bro. I had rode dirt bikes and had rode a few street criusers that belonged to friends but didn't know as much as I thought I did about ridin' when I bought the busa as my first sport bike. I wished many times that I had started out smaller and learned to ride better before I got the busa. I done ok learning to ride on the busa but I prolly would have learned more, and quicker on a much smaller, less powerful bike.

I still wouldn't mind havin' an SV650 to tool around on some and maybe do some track days on just to improve my skills.

Don't get in too big of a rush, man. It's all good as long as yer on two!
beerchug.gif

yer... i had a look at a CBR250RR the other day.. was going for pretty cheap.. needed a few things done to it.. as it had been sitting in a shed for a while, but other then that woulda been a good buy. ain't got enough money on me atm thou.. going through exams and all.. once i get into uni and get a part time job i'll start bike searching again. this little thing.. its onl 50cc, but honda.. reliable as all hell.. gets me where i wanna.. and more importanting.. its bloody awesome on fuel hehe..

yer... i had a look at a CBR250RR the other day.. was going for pretty cheap.. needed a few things done to it.. as it had been sitting in a shed for a while, but other then that woulda been a good buy. ain't got enough money on me atm thou.. going through exams and all.. once i get into uni and get a part time job i'll start bike searching again. this little thing.. its onl 50cc, but honda.. reliable as all hell.. gets me where i wanna.. and more importanting.. its bloody awesome on fuel hehe..
The CBR sounds like a good one to start with if you could afford it. Nothin' like learnin' to wrench on yer own bike. I pretty much started my bike wrenchin' on the busa, too, but I'd wrenched on lots of cars before. It's pretty much the same, just different tools.
wink.gif

Oh, and I meant to say... Welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

yeah.. thx.. one of the best welcoming commities i have had yet.. thou wheres the ticker tape ?

yeah.. the cbr was nice.. i don't think mechanically anything was really wrong with it.. needed a new set of tires, a good going over with a duster, and probably a fluid and filters change, other then that wasn't too bad eh
smile.gif

Your not stupid to ask if you don't know... The busa is faster. Starting out on a smaller bike is just a smart way of doing it. You have to walk before you can run...
biggrin.gif

cheers henry ace nice to know the busa is still no.1 gawd its a nice looking bike too.

btw.. are u really a professional pilot.. or is that an automatic forum thing.

i am learning to fly planes in my spare time.. starting to get my solo hours up , hopefully get my license soon.. as soon as these damn exams finish anyway.

According to Motorcyclist Mag, (If were Bench Racing Lets Race) the Hayabusa is still much faster than an R1 in the 1/4 mile. Busa 9.88 sec. Top speed wise they are not that dissimilar but the Busa will reach it's terminal velocity long before the R1. However with a little bit of money, $1000 or so you can have yourself an honest 200MPH out of the Busa (If you have the Room).

In the real world though on the streets? It still comes down to the rider... In the corners, in the straights, he with the biggest eggs and most skill/experiance will be out front. Unless the road is REALLY tight...

ahh thanks.. yeah i had a mag lying around which said the busa was heaps faster, but i wasn't sure if it was comparing vs the new R1.

btw what is the difference between the horsepower and torque.. okay.. if more torque means you will get to a certain speed faster.. then why do u need lots of HP? thats probably worded rather badly.. but yeah.. hope yah's understand.

Swoosh, are you in NSW ?
If so, there are a number of us locals lurking around here that would be happy to have a quick run with your mate's R1 to ram the point home.

Josh *Wollongong*

someones in for a surprise!  the new r1 is very fast.  Unless you are starting from a dead stop the r1 will be right there all the way to 150+.  The torque , weight and w.base of the busa gives it a edge off the line , after that the r1 will be within arms reach the whole way . My bud has one and in every roll on , we have tried them from all speeds and all gears , he is right there , as often as not ,in front.
I still prefer the bus for what I like do , but it wont hand out azzwhipping's like it used to.

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098141113 -->

I had a chance to put about 600 miles on a new R1 this year and its apples and oranges to me. I love'em both. I'd much rather have the 'Busa for the street. More power and comfort and good real world performance in the corners. But the R1 is the hands down winner when you want to start dragging knees and using extreme lean angles (which I dont advise) on the street. The power of the R1 is very bland coming from an experienced 'Busa owner but its not for newbies. If you're a current 'Busa owner the R1's power and speed will be no big thriil but others will love it.

joshinthecity: nah that alright mate, my "mate" is one of those guys who is all talk, he doesn't own a motorbike just reckons he knows all about em. ;) btw i live up north, i live a little way outta a little coastal town called Yamba, probably 1.5hours north or Coffs Harbour.

Back