Busa vs Blackbird.......

This guy has a 1100 Blackbird with an exhaust. He has been talkin a bunch of sh!t about how the Hayabusa is nothing and he wishes he could find one to run at the track. There aren't many of them out here in MS. All of his friends are going out to the track either this or next weekend. I will be out there and would LOVE to stop the trash talk. Any advice?? The best time I've run on my 13 is a 10.12 What do I expect? What do I need to do? What kind of time can I expect from the Blackbird?

iz

That's a respectable time. If you aren't running a strap, get one.

Either the guy has more done to his bird than he's saying or he's just blowing smoke.

In my experience it's the guys who aren't running their mouths that you've got to watch out for.

i own a 97 xx with a rs3 race and dyno jet stage 1, rwhp 142 with 83 ft/lbtq. my drag racing experience centers around 8 yrs of cars bikes have been a new experience. i weigh 220 with leathers and my bike weighs 745 lbs on a scale with a 1/2 tank fuel. i replaced the stock clutch with a barnet heavy duty and it is very grabby. my short times suck 2.0 my best time has been 11.01 at 134 mph. so if you weigh less than me and can duplicate a 2.0 or better i would say you will kick the sh#t out of that xx. unless he has a stroker kit in which case the xx is making 194 rwhp and 105 ftlb tq.
good luck
ride safe
barry
00 blue busa
97 xx for sale $7500 mint

Just prior to getting my blue 2000 I had a 2000 XX w/ muzzy pipe, 16tooth and a whole lotta weight removed. To me it was easier to launch than the busa and I would run dead even with piped and boxed 1300's.
You never know, with the right rider the XX can hang.

Last fall I ran against a black bird,it was piped and sprockets at UNIONGROVE.I beat him about 5 times that night.My stock Busa ran 10.2-10.6 He ran 10.6-11.0 The Busa is the bike to have,but he can still beat you.Dont fall asleep at the tree!! SPANK HIM ONCE FOR ME!!

Back