Busa vs. 1000cc bikes - in my opinion

Hey dad....owning both...give me your true unbiased feedback...remember a newer bike is gonna run like a newer bike...so dont confuse the age with the efficiency...what u got for me...???? I took a look at the new busa and said to myself....no need...id rather keep the old busa which ran damn near 10 years strong with no major mods...although im looking at another sportbike soon brand new it wont be a busa....maybe a 750. If i end up grabbing a used 750..like 05-07....then i may go for a new busa...but i want ur feedback????...why are u saying its too much for you????

The biggest knock I have for the busa is it feels slower than it is. I wish it felt as ferocious as a liter bike :whistle:

That and the brakes on the busa suck. You can really tell the weight difference when you get on the brakes. That has been the biggest complaint I have since moving from the 1000.

I can say from my personal experience that on my busa I have raced many 600 and 1000 bikes from a dig and from a roll.the smaller bikes have a major weight advantage. So the launch good but the guys on the 1000s can't get to full throttle as fast as I can because they are to busy trying to keep the front end down. The 600s are no contest. And on the roll from 60 the 1Ks can't lock the throttle right away Because the things are wheelie happy all the way to third gear. On the busa I can go WTFO right away on the role. It just pulls the tire 6" then its gone like a rocket. The smaller bikes are fun to ride.they feel different because of the weight. Both are fun to ride. But the busa in my heart is the king
Posted via Mobile Device

In 22 seconds, question answered:

(the last 5 seconds give me that warm, fuzzy feeling...)

- !!! YAMAHA R1 goes 310km/h then HAYABUSA comes !!![/url]

:owned:

:laugh:

:cheerleader:

:banana:

:boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
for the bias people who bought the new busa and think its any real noticeable difference from the gen 1 in the speed department....unless u are a superbike champion on closed course u wont be able to tell..so knock it off

I call BS on that my friend. The difference is significant off the line, roll-on and top end. It is a more responsive bike and has more power. Similar to how the '07 ZX14 murdered the '07 Hayabusa, with just a 9hp and a bit more trq, the gen 2 is significantly better than both. In many cases it is the rider, but stock for stock, mod for mod, the G2 already walks out the door with 20hp. An awesome feat by any standard. :beerchug:

And that would be? I'm interested if it's good :poke:

Steel braided brake lines (Goodridge, Spiegler, Galfer, etc) and upgraded pads. (EBC, Galfer, SBS, etc) That can be done at a very reasonable cost. And the improvement is redonkulous! Problem solved. :thumbsup:

If you have the $$....you can take it a step further and upgrade your rotors. Although I personally do not feel that is necessary to get great stoppage power.

Steel braided brake lines (Goodridge, Spiegler, Galfer, etc) and upgraded pads. (EBC, Galfer, SBS, etc) That can be done at a very reasonable cost. And the improvement is redonkulous! Problem solved. :thumbsup:

If you have the $$....you can take it a step further and upgrade your rotors. Although I personally do not feel that is necessary to get great stoppage power.

where do you recommend getting the parts from?

Back