Busa vs. 1000cc bikes - in my opinion

luccaRSA

Registered
The reason I write this, is to enlighten some riders as which bike is better or to phrase it differently more usable. I have been asked 1000 times, which bike is better? Which one is quicker? So mates, here is the answer, read on....
In our situation I shall use example of 2 cars: F1 car and Bugatti Veyron.

Test 1 – racing track
F1 and Bugatti can be ridden on racing track, where F1 will have greater advantage. Why, you may ask? Well it was build for racing track – low centre of gravity, very light, stiff suspension, etc
F1 will clock great lap times, but Bugatti won’t be that far behind.
F1 is a winner

Test 2 – public roads
F1 with its hard suspension, uncomfy riding position and feel of every small bump, pothole isn’t very pleasant to ride.
Bugatti on the other hand – well... comfy, quiet, with aircon and sound system. Your lady can tag along if she wishes to.
Both cars will take a trip 350 km.
F1 driver will stop every 100 or so, to stretch his legs, take a leak, and to allow his brain to stop shaking.
Bugatti driver will stop after 100 kms to take a leak, because he forgot to do so at home. After that he will jump into his car with cup of coffee and go for another 250 km.
So F1 might jump in front of Bugatti till about 300km/h, but after that Bugatti will pass it reaching 400 km/h +.
After both drivers meet at destination point, guy from F1 will be swearing at his uncomfy car, where Bugatti driver will be enjoying his bear and company of his lovely lady.

Point of this is to show to some of you that those bikes have been build with different purpose in mind. In my opinion, it is pointless talking about lap times, if 90% of us are on public roads, there is no point of talking about top speed, where we have 120km/h speed limit. We can talk about comfort and usability. We can compare how tired we are after 600 km in the saddle, but nothing can bit saying – I ride Hayabusa. Everybody knows what is it, have a reputation behind the name, as well as respect of many people.
Busa’s design is 10 yrs old and still kicks a$$. Only recently all other manufacturers are catching up. So to all of you who cherish 1000ccs – I am happy for you, enjoy it, have fun and see you on the road.
Ride safely.:rulez:

So which one is made for sitting~?~ LOL, Just kidding~!~

Well said ~~ Well said :beerchug:

I have to wait for my friends on their RR's an other sportbikes so they can rest up so we can keep on riding. So here are my riding buddies. Did a 350 mile cruise on Sunday an all I wanted to do was stop for gas an keep going:thumbsup: No pics I didn't have time.. but some one else took the time:laugh: That there is one of the few roads with curves in FL. named snake road an after the 20 seconds it takes to ride through it it's a state long straight away:laugh:

snake road 2.jpg

snake road 3.jpg

i raced a 06 gsxr1000 and a 05 cbr1000 yesturday.. we went from a 80 roll going on a 5mile flat 4lane stretch of highway with no cars in sight and no turnoffs. it was dead even up will about 140-150 then i pulled away hard. by the time i hit 180 they were a good ways behind.. a really good ways

I ride with a few liter bike buddies very often , hence one of the primary reason I sold my 600 and bought a 'Busa .
They are younger than I am , and typically more aggressive riders , so I am often in the rear of the pack .
Even with stock gearing when we made sprints from 60ish to 120ish I could close the gap on them .
Now that I went +3 on the rear sprocket that gap closes in a hurry .:thumbsup:

Yep, You got it :thumbsup: !!! My Busa on a 500 mile trip per day, NO PROBLEM :cheerleader: . My 998 Duc :whistle: , Uhhhhhhhhhh, a 500 MILE TRIP day after day :rofl: . I think NOT, on the other hand, my chiropractor would love me if I did $$$$$$$$$$$ :laugh:

i raced a 06 gsxr1000 and a 05 cbr1000 yesturday.. we went from a 80 roll going on a 5mile flat 4lane stretch of highway with no cars in sight and no turnoffs. it was dead even up will about 140-150 then i pulled away hard. by the time i hit 180 they were a good ways behind.. a really good ways

Hey dude, I see you didn't put any puncuation at the end of your post? Must be coming back later to finish it like this:

but both the bastids passed me on the brakes going into the first corner and by the time I reached the top of the mountain, the bums on the liter bikes were both stretched out under a shade tree enjoying a bottle of water! FOOKERS! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just messin with ya dude! :laugh:

In my experience, I have found the Gen I busa is not going to spank the new liter bikes. Especially the GSXR 1K and the ZX10. The Gen II is a little different story. That thing is a handfull and if you want to hang with one down the front straight, you best get your arse in position to draft his arse.

I'm referring to a road race track where we run out of track at around 170 plus a little. I've never romped with either Gen I or II all the way to the limiter.

Hey dude, I see you didn't put any puncuation at the end of your post? Must be coming back later to finish it like this:

I'm referring to a road race track where we run out of track at around 170 plus a little. I've never romped with either Gen I or II all the way to the limiter.
Hey dude, I see YOU forgot some text at the end of YOUR post. Goes like this:

"I'm referring to a road race track where we run out of track at around 170 plus a little. I've never romped with either Gen I or II all the way to the limiter."

...cause I KNOW that big 'ol 'Bus is gonna stomp a mud hole thru my azz at the limiter.

(Just messin' with you too, bro...)

:bounce:

:laugh:

Last edited:
casperle has a group of 4 he was telling me about ..and his cousin. and he runs the twisties with them alot. yes he can hang but he has to fight to do it...but he is ready to ride more and they are tired.

Hey dude, I see YOU forgot some text at the end of YOUR post. Goes like this:

"I'm referring to a road race track where we run out of track at around 170 plus a little. I've never romped with either Gen I or II all the way to the limiter."

...cause I KNOW that big 'ol 'Bus is gonna stomp a mud hole thru my azz at the limiter.

(Just messin' with you too, bro...)

:bounce:

:laugh:

Sh!t, you got me there bro! :banghead:

But I'm working on a come back! :lol:

I have done a few 800 mile weekends on my GSXR750 with no problems. Ask anyone that has gone riding with me if they have to wait around while I rest (regardless of the bike I am riding)...actually it is usually the others that want a rest stop. There is a lot of ways to make yourself comfortable while riding...poster, changing positions, etc. But what do I know, I'm just a kid:)

Im reading and what i see is americas problems today. Everybody wants to have the bigger d@&k!!!. All people talk about is cc's.and for the bias people who bought the new busa and think its any real noticeable difference from the gen 1 in the speed department....unless u are a superbike champion on closed course u wont be able to tell..so knock it off. When its all said and done its the rider. Them 1000's are light and the right rider with the right weight can take u off the line...r1 zx10 gsxr 1000 even the 750 gixxer...ITS THE RIDER!!!...ive been in 80 mph banks with r1's and watch them cats walk away. It depends on whos on the bike...so stop the debates!!!!...lol i posted somethin a week ago bout the zx12 vs the busa just to see what people would say and they were runnin that same trash they runnin in this thread....PEOPLE ITS THE RIDER!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I hope they told you that they were a good ways behind :laugh:

Im reading and what i see is americas problems today. Everybody wants to have the bigger d@&k!!!. All people talk about is cc's.and for the bias people who bought the new busa and think its any real noticeable difference from the gen 1 in the speed department....unless u are a superbike champion on closed course u wont be able to tell..so knock it off. When its all said and done its the rider. Them 1000's are light and the right rider with the right weight can take u off the line...r1 zx10 gsxr 1000 even the 750 gixxer...ITS THE RIDER!!!...ive been in 80 mph banks with r1's and watch them cats walk away. It depends on whos on the bike...so stop the debates!!!!...lol i posted somethin a week ago bout the zx12 vs the busa just to see what people would say and they were runnin that same trash they runnin in this thread....PEOPLE ITS THE RIDER!!!!!!!!!

Not here to argue and especially fight, but I've owned both. The Gen I was boring me. I have yet to take the II to it's limits, it's just to much for me.

I shouldn't say anything.... Next time I will keep my mouth shut.
PS
I still prefer take a trip 500 + on the Busa then any 1000cc, not because is faster - because is more comfortable. Considering that I'm 183 cm (6'1") I feel better on Busa.
Yes, some of guys/girls can take a trip like that on 600, 750 and 1000 and they will be comfy, but tall people on superbikes - it's a nightmare. I used to have 750 and as much this bike was fun on the track, long trips - hell no.

Not here to argue and especially fight, but I've owned both. The Gen I was boring me. I have yet to take the II to it's limits, it's just to much for me.
At 5000ft up in elevation my gen1 busa stock was boring me too.......but after 16/42 gearing, a full yosh system, BMC filter, and pc, its hell on wheels. I have trouble finding places to safely open it up now...it eats up real estate crazy fast :laugh:

Back