Busa vs 1000c-750cc in Twisties

groran1000

Registered
Can our Busa's keep up or pass them? I know in the straights we can, but in the curves. How bad can they beat us and why? Flick rates, lean angles, why? I see many smaller cc bikes on Mulholland in LA county on utube, but hardly any busa's.

Man im so dying to ride i think i have watched every video on youtube on the snake.mostly i watch the crashes so i can learn.but yeah i have only seen one or two.

Can our Busa's keep up or pass them? I know in the straights we can, but in the curves. How bad can they beat us and why? Flick rates, lean angles, why? I see many smaller cc bikes on Mulholland in LA county on utube, but hardly any busa's.

No. The big ***** runs out of lean angle yoo fast.

+1 The rider has a lot to do with it. If riders were equal I'm thinking the 1000 though.

^This
With equal riders, the 1000/750 has a shorter wheelbase, a lot less weight, and better lean angle.
The 1000 has the extra hp to edge out the 750.
The 1000 wins, no doubt about it.
Make no mistake, you can knee drag and rail corners great on a Busa. But talking pro riders, someone able to get the max out of each machine, it's the 1000, the 750, then the Busa.

As already pointed out...IT'S THE RIDER. A Goldwing @ The Dragon

Check out what this guy does on a Harley

I was on my friends gsxr1000 tail with a ninja 250 in the twisties. He wanted to me to.pass him. Guess he lost his nerve. Smaller bikes are usually easier to throw around. They just take longer getting there

If you really want to make your busa faster in the corners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Put another rider on it!

If you really want to know where you and your busa fit into the mix, sign up and attend a track day. By day's end you will have a good idea on where you fit into the pecking order. It's 90% rider and 10% bike. The busa is a great bike but its to heavy and thick through the middle to be a serious threat to the it's smaller more agile brethren. However, it's just as much fun in the corners!

Watching that "Close Call Compilation" there is a common issue with every rider who spun the rear. Anyone else see that?

Watching that "Close Call Compilation" there is a common issue with every rider who spun the rear. Anyone else see that?

Tuff, what I saw was a change in the surface in many of the videos and sounded like subtly increasing throttle (too much?) What do you see? I am looking to learn.

Back