Busa vs. 04 R1

why do they even try? So tired of everyone trying to challenge. Can't we all just get along?
rock.gif
It is a viscious cycle in the Male demeanor! We have to compete in everything we do no matter what and we always stand our ground in what we believe. Now all you guys have to do is realize we(Busa Riders) are on top of the food chain and will be for a long time to go but let the little people have their fun and just sit back and listen. When the time comes to prove the point then let them have it and remind them of how small they really are, but until then keep your cool because we have nothing to prove to anyone.
WE RIDE THE FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTOCYCLE EVER BUILT!

When the R1 is in the Guinness World Book like the Busa has been for the last five years I'll be sure to check it out. Till' then Busa is still king. Btw, the bike everyone should be worried about is the ZX-10r. Still no match for the Busa.

If its true about the R1 making all that power, how the HELL is it keeping to power on the ground. Short Wheelbase, light bike. Hell NO

I just posted a challenge for the 04 R1 guys, lets see what they say!

Josh
cool.gif
Yeah I read your thread on the R1-forum.com site. Sometimes it's best to settle all the mouthing with a little backyard brawl. Be sure to let me know when someone decides to put their buttocks where their mouth is. I'll travel to see and record that one for the records!

bigdawg.jpg

Busa vs. R1? ... No way... Stock for Stock, the busa has to win... Having the torque advantage and all... I would really like to see a good challenge tho...
Besides, even if the R1 beats it... the busa was the first, right? It would have to be about time for a good challenge...

sigh...so many R1s...so little time. If I could, I would race all day. I'll spank all of them. And I'll only give 'em two chances...each within 10 mins of eachother. Heck, even a third chance. And I'll charge them....$1000 for the first race they lose, and then add on $3000 more for each race they lose thereafter. And if I lose, well, I'll pay them $800.

Heck...why don't I just do it for free. I'll just make sure that all their R1 buddies are watching that race.

That is funny... It will ONLY out perform the busa in the twisties, and stunting.... Other than that, we will have them roll ons, 1/4 mile, top speed, comfort level, you name it, we got it.

No offense meant here, but R1's are for NOOBs....

I mean seriously, many folks that I have known on R1s are new to the sport... Granted on guy on an R1 handed me my ass in the twisties...
It seems to be one of those "status" bikes to me. Or am I way off here?

kinda like "look at me, I ride an R1." while wearing flip-flops and T-shirt...

Am I making any sense here?

talk talk talk
line up on the chalk
and see the busa
walk walk walk
all over the one
whata ya know the race is done!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You guys are killin me. Why so much smack talk? I have a hayabusa, bow to me blah blah blah. R1's are crap they are for for begginners blah blah blah. Hail the mighty busa. Freakin let it go. Untill you have owned them both you have no room to talk about the other. I don't mean you knew a guy who had one. The same goes for r1 guys too, but you know what? The hayabusa board is the one talkin all the poop.

You guys are killin me.  Why so much smack talk?  I have a hayabusa, bow to me blah blah blah.  R1's are crap they are for for begginners blah blah blah.  Hail the mighty busa.  Freakin let it go.  Untill you have owned them both you have no room to talk about the other.  I don't mean you knew a guy who had one.  The same goes for r1 guys too, but you know what?  The hayabusa board is the one talkin all the poop.
Uh...ya....Um....I've owned an R1 so I guess I can talk about it!  What?
rock.gif

Don't get my wrong, I loved the bike.  It handled great, wheelied great, but was a slug when I needed it most, in a straight line!

Even then it would wheelie so bad in the first three gears, a Busa would just walk away with easzzzz!  Role-ons whatever, the R1 just doesn't have the power!

I know.....yak....yak....the O4 R1(......the ONE....ha), has more power and is like comparing apples to oranges but when you are talking as much smack as those guys it's only human to compete!  So.....I tried to set up a race with them and there haven't been any takers yet!

Seems like the guys talking the most smack over there don't even have an R1 or plan on getting one.  

What's even funnier is they talk about well the BUSA can't hang in a corner.......WRONG!  I have yet to ride with a R1 owner that has been able to use the full potential of that bike.  I don't road race or track day or anything and when I leave them behind on a stock 00 R1 and just make it ugly on them with my Busa, I don't think the bike is that special.

Why ride something that makes you work harder to go fast?

Oh and my BUSA has never given me head shake going in or out of  a corner like the R1 has.  Other than the weight the Busa just feels so much nicer to go fast on!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078766708 -->

Don't stir the pot to much, they still think they can smoke a ZX12/Hayabusa!

They sure are going to be pissed when they don't come out on TOP!

Don't get me wrong, the 04 R1 will be quick but not that quick! Check out the GSXR1K-vs-04 R1 post also good reading.

Don't stir the pot to much, they still think they can smoke a ZX12/Hayabusa!

They sure are going to be pissed when they don't come out on TOP!

Don't get me wrong, the 04 R1 will be quick but not that quick!  Check out the GSXR1K-vs-04 R1 post also good reading.
Hey Got-Busa, any takers from the R1-forum.com site. I saw the thread you posted and was curious as to wether any of them had answered the call?

Read R1's forum some put too much faith in horse power along. Fueled by a 12% weight difference of bike/rider weights between Busa, ZX12R and the R1. Blindly overlooks ZX12R and Busa higher amount of torque.
My simplified understanding of Hosrsepower is how fast torque is apllied. Torque is the measure of muscle of an engine. Foundation of Torque is mighty important.
A featherweight throwing 100 mph bunchs at a 240lb heavy weight throwing 50 mph bunchs. Damn that Featherweight sure is faster more powerful, blah blah. Real outcome a difference that can't be overlooked.
Only time the R1 would beat ZX12R or Busa is putting each engine on a skateboard with no rider. Might have a chance.

Back