Busa vs. 04 R1

Don't stir the pot to much, they still think they can smoke a ZX12/Hayabusa!

They sure are going to be pissed when they don't come out on TOP!

Don't get me wrong, the 04 R1 will be quick but not that quick!  Check out the GSXR1K-vs-04 R1 post also good reading.
Hey Got-Busa, any takers from the R1-forum.com site.  I saw the thread you posted and was curious as to wether any of them had answered the call?
NO, not yet!

I wish someone would step up and see what the 04 R1 has got. With the way they were talking, it should be an easy win for them but still NO takers!

You guys are killin me. Why so much smack talk? I have a hayabusa, bow to me blah blah blah. R1's are crap they are for for begginners blah blah blah. Hail the mighty busa. Freakin let it go. Untill you have owned them both you have no room to talk about the other. I don't mean you knew a guy who had one. The same goes for r1 guys too, but you know what? The hayabusa board is the one talkin all the poop. [/QUOTE]

FALL BACK HOMEY. why you so mad? I rode a R1 and without a dampener, the bike shakes like a fish outta water at high speeds.
the BUSA doesn't. and it's all in fun, talking smack and competition. why are you on this message board? let everyone say what they want. it's opinions, don't get so tight over it.

yadda yadda yadda....I'm with G-Busa on this....LINE 'EM UP!! I've rode an R1....stinkin' POS compared to the all-around the busa has.

And bowing to the king? Hail the mighty Busa? I think the bike deserves some respect for still staying on top despite everything. Maybe this year will be the year that sends Suzuki off to annihilate the competition again.

All I can say is I need a bike with some meat on its bones. I sat on that bike and I felt like I was on a bmx!!!!!!!

I weigh 260 and I need some hp and torque to move me around!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

FALL BACK HOMEY.  why you so mad?  I rode a R1 and without a dampener, the bike shakes like a fish outta water at high speeds.
the BUSA doesn't.  and it's all in fun, talking smack and competition.  why are you on this message board?  let everyone say what they want.  it's opinions, don't get so tight over it.
Fall back homey, lol
biggrin.gif

Any who why am I mad? well I am not right now but I was earlier. Here is why in a nut shell. Talking smack is fine, doesn't bother me a bit until it starts to stink. You say the r1 guys are talking the smack true, but not one of them has come to the hayabusa board to yank your chain in this thread. Not one. How many have gone there to say that your busa is better than their R1? What did you think would happen? That is an R1 board if they thought the busa was the best they would have bought one. So of course they are gonna slander the busa. Same goes here on this forum, you guys are biased to the hayabusa. That is what irritated me. The hayabusa is the best to you because it fits your needs perfectly, to R1 guys think the r1 is the best cause thats what they are into. So which is faster? I think that was the original debate, and explain to me why it shouldn't be asked. Its a good question, not a call to arms.

Got-busa if you have owned one then, yes you certainly have an edge in the knowledge of both bikes.

TAZEONE, why am I on this message board? Because I have a 2003 hayabusa that I like very much. I enjoy the forum, and the things I learn/ share here. So I will work on not getting so tight about it... it just went too far without much good, just alot of bench racing and sensless bickering.

No hard feelings here

PS, to Pacific Busa. My comments earlier about hailing and bowing were a jab at the sillieness of these threads. I did not intend to slight the busa, it deserves mad props for making that insane amount power ahead of every thing else. Why do you think i bought one.

heheh...no probs, bro! No ruffled feathers here. I've rode an R1...and yeah, it can handle, but only below 115. Anything over, serious shakers, man. I was about to crap my pants!

The busa, well, you know her story. So smoothly stable at high speeds....I hit 135, and it handled the same way it did at 35. I was about to crap my pants too.

Yeah....to each his own. R1 riders bought it BC it fits their needs. Same thing as the Busa...so you're completely right in that regard.

As for lining them up....c'mon, be honest with me: wouldn't you want a challenge every now and then? I had a friend who was on his geared out and full V&H system R1....you shoulda seen the look on his face when I carved the twistie right alongside him!!!!
laugh.gif
He never saw it coming!

So far NOBODY and I mean NOBODY has even tried to race me. Things were different when I had my 750 gixxer , everyone wanted to race because they knew they had a chance .:laugh:

As for lining them up....c'mon, be honest with me: wouldn't you want a challenge every now and then? I had a friend who was on his geared out and full V&H system R1....you shoulda seen the look on his face when I carved the twistie right alongside him!!!!
laugh.gif
 He never saw it coming!
lol thanks pacific.

And yes I would love to see them line up. I love a good race win or lose. I can imagine your buddy was shocked. My buddies were shocked too when I did the same stuff to them. The thing that amazed me the most was how the bus will smoke the tire during a wheelie.

All I can say is I need a bike with some meat on its bones. I sat on that bike and I felt like I was on a bmx!!!!!!!

I weigh 260 and I need some hp and torque to move me around!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif
I'm with you on that one Criss, gotta have more meat & potatoes. I was going to by an R1 as an upgrade from a YZF 600. Guess I kinda wanted to keep it in the family (Yamaha that is). Well, after sitting on one my 275lb frame was like get me of this 10-speed. I can see myself looking like friggin Mario Cart spending more time on one wheel than two. I made the right choice and as long as God gives me the ability, there will ALWAYS be a Busa in my garage.

LONG LIVE THE BUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back