Busa vs. 04 R1

Crazeecooter

Registered
There's alot of poop talkin goin on over at the R1 board. They talkin bout how the new R1 will smoke the Busa. I hope the hell not. I'm pretty good at drag racing and If I get beat by an R1, I'll flip out!!!

eh, well if you saw my post yesterday, not only did I smoke a 04 R1, he had a head start on me and was really turning his wrist to catch up after I passed him by like he was in the pharcyde.

I'm not even a good race rider. I'm real mellow on the throttle. I just like to have it when I need it from time to time.
If another R1 steps up, then it's on.

yo you are right, they are talking a lotta shitt in there.
a R1 will smash a BUSA on the street all day long?
and now with the 04, it will take us out in the 1/4 mile?
wtf?

come on..... and I love how they refer to the 04 R1 as the " one "

get that shish outta here.

hey you know what
maybe some one should post some numbers up
dyno quater mile #s and so on
may be that will clear things up

^^^ this guy said he has a suped up 03 R1 and he spanks his boy all day long who rides a 02 BUSA.
he even said that he even switched bikes and lost to his friend who isn't that great of a rider and he
was on the BUSA and still lost to the R1 on the streets?

HEEELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

heh...you hafta remember that these boys have been getting spanked for so long that this is what they've been waiting for: a bike that can at least keep the Busa in sight. They have their heads too far up the a$$....but hey: let 'em be. Let 'em talk all the shid they wanna...we can always settle it at a light or a track.

In my opinion, a defeat always stings more when you don't expect it. So let these monkeys do all the shid talkin' they wanna....cause once we leave the light, they're gonna see that they blew a cool $10k on a machine that still cannot match the mighty Bus.

Heh. Fuggin' idiots.

The new R1 is going to be an awesome bike. And yes, there is talk on an R1 board of being faster than the Busa. But most of the guys insisting that the R1 with smoke the Busa aren't getting as much respect as the guys who are saying that the Busa will still own the 1/4 mile and top speed.

Even though they are R1 enthusiasts, some of those guys really know bikes.
wink.gif
And of those guys, most will admit that the Busa has a very real advantage in torque. And that the weight and length of the Busa really do help it win acceleration races.

There will be some trash talking guys who favor a particular liter bike over the Busa. But much of that talk will die down by the Summer when they have learned the truth.

Of course, a liter bike could make a fairly decent 1/4 mile bike with some choice mods like an extended swingarm, NOS, etc. But then so too does the Busa...

The new R1 is going to be an awesome bike.  And yes, there is talk on an R1 board of being faster than the Busa.  But most of the guys insisting that the R1 with smoke the Busa aren't getting as much respect as the guys who are saying that the Busa will still own the 1/4 mile and top speed.

Even though they are R1 enthusiasts, some of those guys really know bikes.  
wink.gif
  And of those guys, most will admit that the Busa has a very real advantage in torque.  And that the weight and length of the Busa really do help it win acceleration races.

There will be some trash talking guys who favor a particular liter bike over the Busa.  But much of that talk will die down by the Summer when they have learned the truth.  

Of course, a liter bike could make a fairly decent 1/4 mile bike with some choice mods like an extended swingarm, NOS, etc.  But then so too does the Busa...
Good call.

I know the thread you guys are talkin about and it stinks. My bike is better than your bike. Both parties are guilty. Normally they are not that slanderous over there. They do know a busa has more torque and is a stout street machine.

Okay so whick bike is better. It's up to you. Will a modded R1 beat a stock busa? Good chance. Will a modded busa beat a stock R1? Good chance. Will a modded busa beat a modded R1? Depends on how much money was thrown at them.

The busa has remained basically the same since it's debut and deserves mad props for being at the top of the power food chain for so long. If suzuki does not update the busa soon it will get passed. Wil it be the 04 R1? Dont know. Dont care, I like em both. We all know there are guys on fjr's passing guys on gsxr1000's. So alot of the stories you here should be taken with a grain of salt. So dont get mad at these guys for lovin the R1 hatin the busa, besides, a lot of you guys feel the opposite. LOL

Anyone can go fast in the straight line(cliche I know but so true). I'm personally impressed by coming out first on a twisty back road no matter what is being ridden. But it is fun to humiliate someone with the twist!!!

Oh please it is not even close on paper, let alone true road specs.

There's a lot of smack talk going on boards about how the 'busa isn't the king anymore... ya, whatever.. you know, all the bikes are fast, but so much depends on the rider, in my opinion. Head for head, I think the 'busa is still the king, for what it's worth. I've been challenged by 600's, 750's, heck even cars.. I stick with 'em for the first little while, look over, wave, and roll it on.. Busa riders got nothin' to prove.
smile.gif
And no, I'm no Rossi or Hayden and don't purport to be.

why do they even try? So tired of everyone trying to challenge. Can't we all just get along?
rock.gif

Anyone can go fast in the straight line
Uh.....what exactly do you mean?

If your talking about 1/4 mile, NO they can't! If your talking about going 190+, NO they can't!

If your talking about street starts with the BUSA well maybe!?!?! I think I know what you meant but you'd be surprised with how many people buy a bike that they can't really ride all that good or FAST!

It is nice coming out of some twisties on a BUSA and knowing that you just waxed a more nimble bike!
super.gif

I saw one last Saturday at a local bike shop doing a BBQ, free Dyno's, and the like~. It was a 2004 R1 with a Graves Pipe and Power Commander~ Looks sweet, sounds bad arse, and the ponies...

...155 RWHP on the Dyno~ I figured at least a 160-165 from it...but no...155~ Lets just say the owner of the R1 wasnt the happiest of campers~

I say let 'em talk all the smack they want~ I'm sure it makes 'em feel better about their purchase...
cool.gif

I just got some email from Two Brothers Racing about their new pipes for the '04 R1. Gets it up to 158hp. Woo hoo.

Back