Busa tourer

Mojave Mike

Registered
Got my new Busa home yesterday, and the first mods I would like to make is lowering the pegs and a taller windscreen. Are the TL1000 pegs lower and what make of screen is good for touring ?
Thanks
Pics coming soon
smile.gif

TLR pegs drop the peg height about 3/4" and WELL worth it ! I love mine
biggrin.gif
. But what's wrong with your screen, do ya just want to change it, my stock works just fine for touring. Since your bike is new, maybe you need to ride it before you start sinking $$$$ into something you find out you don't need or like
wink.gif

yup ride it for a couple of T-miles and then start... I added the Laminar Lip instead of a new screen, they have an ST version as well.

Pegs... TLR, Beull and there is a custom adjustable rig that someone makes that kicks azz.

Several options for pegs to lower the bike, but the major ones have been listed. Many options for the screens also, but do a search for 'screens' or 'windscreens' and you'll get lots of info.

+ on the tl 1000r rider pegs...................check out Puig Racing for touring windscreens............check with some of the member suppliers and I'm sure someone can help you out re. purchases
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Check out the Buell pegs they drop the foot position about 1.5 in and for wind protection look into the Puig dbl bubble.....
smile.gif
Welcome to the BUSA madness

<!--EDIT|321CYA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150814853 -->

yeap, if you think you need taller screen then you need it...(I was kicking myself all this time, why I didn't change it earlier
mad.gif
) it makes that much difference...factory ones are just worthless...
that double bubble is just awesome...my 02 cent
rock.gif

do the TL pegs mount right up or do you have to mod the mounts somehow?

This is a favorite topic of mine. I did the bar risers, Buell pegs and ZG sport touring windscreen right off the bat. My one comment about the screen is that the Sport touring shield doesn't put nearly as much wind on your chest during normal riding as the stocker. If you are intending to do a lot of interstate droning it might be perfect but I am actually thinking about going to a Double bubble for day in day out riding for no other reason than to get a little more wind on my chest in traffic. My personal ranking of my mods (10 = max)

Buell pegs- 9
ZG ST shield- 7
Helibars- 7
Genmar 1.25 riser- 6
Throttlemeister- 6
Corbin seat- 9 (unless you are riding in town then its a 5)

Its funny how opinions vary. I have literally tried almost every "style" , not brand , of screen out there and I hate em all. They all move the buffeting wind from your chest to your head and to make it worse , taking the wind off your chest puts more weight on your hands and wrist. They all fit like crap compared to the stocker too. So far , for me , the stocker painted black looks great and works perfect.
I did a 1.25 riser and the buell pegs and they are great mods. sj

The TL pegs bolt on, you just need the spacers. If you have no self respect you can get the Buell pegs and lower them slightly more.
biggrin.gif

My ratings are:

TL pegs- 6
ZG shield - 7
Helibars + Genmar - 10
Throttlemeister- 6
Corbin seat for me(I started with a memory foam modded seat) - 6
Corbin seat for my passenger - 9 (it lifts you up and gains needed pillon leg space)
Luggage locker Tank bag - 7.5

do the TL pegs mount right up or do you have to mod the mounts somehow?
They're direct replacements, just get the TLR peg sleeves also ! A 15 min job at most, and that's if your a bone head mechanic
laugh.gif
Biggest job is pulling (use needle nose) off the horse shoe shape snap-on clips. Other than that, it's just a slip out the old, and slip on the new
biggrin.gif

check out MRA touring screen, it has a little wing to flip up to kick the wind up. I keep mine up most of the time. I haven't looked into pegs yet. Also have all the cortech bags and a corbin seat,planning on a rentech rack (check spelling) soon.

<!--EDIT|hardwork2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150852306 -->

TLR pegs drop the peg height about 3/4" and WELL worth it ! I love mine
biggrin.gif
. But what's wrong with your screen, do ya just want to change it, my stock works just fine for touring. Since your bike is new, maybe you need to ride it before you start sinking $$$$ into something you find out you don't need or like
wink.gif
You can get 3/4" for free by removing 2 screws from the bottom and taking off the weights and rubber blocks.

Back