Busa torque + chinese alunimum chain adjusters = Art?

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
Nice and wavy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

what in the hell is that hanging off the swingarm and what is it's purpose? :dunno:

Did you make that or buy it from a vendor who made it for whatever the purpose?

To further back up my statement, I did this from a roll, brake boosting from the hit, to 20psi as fast as the turbo would make it. This is a grade 8 bolt, and the chain was adjusted, and axle was torqued to 72ft lbs prior to the run.

null_zps5cbfdde1.jpg

null_zps47d9ac7a.jpg

There's no way friction between the axle adjuster plates and swing arm alone would hold an axle in place even on a stock hp bike. You have too much force pulling forward.

Last edited:
This post serves as a heads up/education to at least, me. I run Gilles adjusters that apparantly yours are a copy of? I'd give 10 bucks to see a comparison between the Peoples Republic of China piece and the Gilles....and I have no clue as to the difference (but if I was betting, the Gilles sure looks and feels quality, I think they are German?).
BTW, I'm so glad you didn't have a bigger failure at speed! Doyle

the axle nut was torqued correctly according to the manuel specs and the right chain slack as well. .. those silly 'spoll/swingarm sliders ' came with the bike when I picked it up. many acc. came off already after I brought it home

This post serves as a heads up/education to at least, me. I run Gilles adjusters that apparantly yours are a copy of? I'd give 10 bucks to see a comparison between the Peoples Republic of China piece and the Gilles....and I have no clue as to the difference (but if I was betting, the Gilles sure looks and feels quality, I think they are German?).
BTW, I'm so glad you didn't have a bigger failure at speed! Doyle

Thank you, those do look better. also, that happened about 30 clicks away from and I figured slow riding and no shifting at high rev will get me home safe without the chain going nuts over the sprocket. I was right

And on an other note, my even with the Gille's Ti nut are only torques to half of OEM.

Improper axle spacing causes that regardless of nut torque. The nut either bottoms out on the threads before axle is actually tight or the axle end binds up on the adjuster an torques without actually tightening the axle. On the majority of aftermarket arms I have installed including bolt on extensions I have had to add a washer to the axle on the opposite side if the nut to make them tighten correctly. The adjusters aren't made to hold the wheel in place. They are only there to adjust. I have had and seen race bikes that the adjuster bolts vibrated loose an backed off and still never had the wheel move like in the pics above.

I'm not a rocket scientist (although I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night) but I can't see how the "torque" of the bike could have caused this. Under power, wouldn't the pressure be to the other side of this adjuster anyway?

This looks more like an installation issue over anything else to me, but again, I'm not an engineer (but I play one on TV)

Although Murderedout's pics show the same directional force. Hmmm... I give up. I'll go back to the Ninja 250 forums..

I think I am being misunderstood...I mean the torque (twisting force) the bike puts on that sprocket while the chain is pulling it was way too much for cheap aluminum parts in the swing arm to handle. Not the torque of the axle nut..

The adjuster isn't meant to hold it. Only to adjust it. I guess it's possible if the aluminum was to soft therefore compressing and losing axle nut torque.
I think I am being misunderstood...I mean the torque (twisting force) the bike puts on that sprocket while the chain is pulling it was way too much for cheap aluminum parts in the swing arm to handle. Not the torque of the axle nut..

Improper axle spacing causes that regardless of nut torque. The nut either bottoms out on the threads before axle is actually tight or the axle end binds up on the adjuster an torques without actually tightening the axle. On the majority of aftermarket arms I have installed including bolt on extensions I have had to add a washer to the axle on the opposite side if the nut to make them tighten correctly. The adjusters aren't made to hold the wheel in place. They are only there to adjust. I have had and seen race bikes that the adjuster bolts vibrated loose an backed off and still never had the wheel move like in the pics above.

Exactly right!

Back