Busa...Top Of The 7 Wonders Of Cycles??

steven

Registered
Hey all,

I've got a co-worker who claims that he was in Laconia, New Hampshire last summer for the Harley rally there and saw a sign of sorts that listed "The Seven Wonders of Motorcycles" or something to that effect, and The Busa was #1 on the list.
I think i've also seen a posting here about someone who saw a Discovery Channel program which was right in line with this...anybody have specifics on this? Pics? Video?

Thanks Much,
Steven

It's true...
biggrin.gif

I've had the episode saved on TiVo since last May! It was on Discovery...I'll check out their site and see if it's coming on again...

Oh, and welcome to the board...do you have a Busa?

thanks for the welcome! you people seem nice enough.

yeah, i just purchased my second busa (orange '03) from a ford dealership in pennsylvania via the internet. all the paperwork is done, just waiting for haulbikes.com to pick 'er up and deliver to the snowland up here in northern maine.
my first busa was the silver/blue '01, which i traded my harley electraglide classic in for. loved the busa, a little too much if you know what i mean. got rid of it after a couple of months to save myself from myself. i've calmed down now, and haven't stopped thinking about busas for the past couple of years...had to get another one!
: )

97_3.jpg

thanks for the welcome!  you people seem nice enough.

yeah, i just purchased my second busa (orange '03) from a ford dealership in pennsylvania via the internet.  all the paperwork is done, just waiting for haulbikes.com to pick 'er up and deliver to the snowland up here in northern maine.
my first busa was the silver/blue '01, which i traded my harley electraglide classic in for.  loved the busa, a little too much if you know what i mean.  got rid of it after a couple of months to save myself from myself.  i've calmed down now, and haven't stopped thinking about busas for the past couple of years...had to get another one!  
: )
You can't imagine how OFTEN that happens...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nice! I love the pumpkin Busa...after I bought mine, I kind of wished I'd gone orange...
wink.gif

Well, welcome to the board...good guys (and gals) on here...

I couldn't find anything on the show, so no re-airing anytime soon...
sad.gif

yeah, i knew that with my "luck" (or lack-thereof) that i wasn't going to see this program anytime soon.

what was it about? impressive?

i'm looking for something to show my brothers when they drop by about the booo. i've got 3 brothers who all own harleys, and i had a couple too, until i saw the light. i'm pretty much the only one in the area with a busa, so they think this is just another crotch rocket. i was just looking for something with credibility to show them...

thanks,
steven

Here is a link to one of them. Browse down the post some & the link to it is there.
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Cool...I forgot about that link BusainSD...

I'm married to a Harley guy, so watching the show was going to be my way of rubbing in that his bike didn't make it, and mine was #1...well, a few of the other rides in the show were scooters (like a 50cc Honda) and the dirtbike, if I recall...so, the hubby poked fun the entire time knowing the Busa was #1 on a list of not so awesome machines...

But, when they aired the #1 ride, I couldn't stop laughing, asking "where was the 1200 Sportster?"...it was fun...I'm sure they'll sell it on DVD eventually...

Congrats on the new Busa and welcome to the board! The thoughts and smiles will continue. I've got the show on video somewhere in storage. It was nice to see the Busa at #1, but they didn't do a very good job of sporting the bike, IMO.

Back