Busa the right bike?

DiehardBiker

Registered
Hello all, first time poster.
I wanted to get some input from riders that have rode liter twins and Hayabusas. I currently own a Honda hawk (650 V-twin) I fell in love with the torque, compaired to the 81 Gs 650G I owned previously. To be honest, the largest inline I have rode to date was a 750 GSXR. Dont' get me wrong, it was fast, but it didn't have the low-end pull like my twin. (I know, a GSXR anything would out run my hawk) I looked into the liter twins, Super hawk, TLS, TLR, but for a little more $ I can get a Hayabusa. Just FYI, found a 2002 new in MI for $9700 out the door (with 6.5% tax included). People say they pull like a freight train! This is what I'm looking for! The ability to break the speed limit really doesn't concern me (to much
biggrin.gif
) I don't want a full blown race bike becouse of the ergonomics. I'm looking for something that is reasonably comfy (have heard that the hayabusa is tolerable true/false?) Any input from others will be greatly appriciated!! (BTW, 30year old rider, 5'10" height, riding since I was 10 ) Thank again all!

Die Hard,

My budy has a TLS and of course I have a `99 busa. His TLS is a hell of a bike and of course it has the V-twin pull that is un-godly!!! Just so you know, when we play around and race from light to light, he will get me off the jump but I always get him in the run. Just run off and leave him.

The busa is very comfy and easy to ride on the long runs. easy on the wrist (if you dont like the feel you can always lookin to the heli-bar risers, but I like mine stock)

and yes thay pull like a mule, you will never ride anything like it, unless of course you get your hands on a B-King and then the story is totaly different.

once you ride a busa you will never want anything else.

aktion035.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif

aktion035.gif

A strong V-Twin has more low end torque. I have a 107 C.I. S&S motor on a Big Dog and it is without a doubt quicker from a dead stop to about 60ft. But the Busa will quickly make up that ground and proceed to blow the V-Twin away. Busa is a very very good bike and I love mine. But if your looking for comfort, get a V-Twin cruzier. The Busa is highly uncomfortable when compared to my Big Dog. But if its fast you want, get a Busa. I love both of mine, they each have their pros and cons but my biggest con on the Busa is comfort, you are roughly the same age and height as I am, and for me my everyday rider is my Big Dog because of the comfort. Short hops around town the Busa gets the call from the bullpen every time. So theirs an opinion from someone that has both, do with it as you will.

The TLR makes about 125 HP and 75 ft-lbs. torque stock at the rear.

Strong, but a bit shy of the 1300's 155 HP and 98 ft-lbs.

Ergonomically speaking, the Busa blows the TLS to pieces. I just got done spending a day at Deal's Gap (the 318 curves in an 11 mile stretch), and I finally didn't feel like I'd been in a torture rack when I got back from the ride. (I was exhausted from throwing that 550 pound bike around). The Busa is not nearly as flickable as the lighter TL, and it is WAAAAAY over horsepowered for those tight curves (My rear tire was completely chewed up on my first pass due to some over active right wrist action). The TL is a great bike, but it offers nowhere near the outright power and acceleration that the Busa does. I guess it boils down to what your primary use of the bike is going to be.

For me all it took was the first time at WOT.... I can't imagine not having the Busa now.

BTW, the TLS makes 30-40 less HP than the TLR (forget how much exactly).

THIS YEAR WENT FROM A ZX9R TO THE BUSA. BEST CHANGE I EVER MADE. MY BEST FRIEND HAS A TL1000R AND HAS RODE THE BEAST. HE WANTS TO TRADE FOR A BUSA SO BAD HE IS WILLING TO GO IN THE HOLE (WHICH I DO NOT RECCOMMEND).

I, OF COURSE, HAVE RIDEN THE THE TL ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS AND FOUND IT TO LACK POWER AND IT IS EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT I'M 6'2, 250. THE BUSA ON THE OTHER HAND FITS ME PERFECTLY. POWER AND COMFORT. ALSO GETTING ABOUT 41MPG.
aktion035.gif

withstupid.gif
48 SUFFIX--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (Narcissus @ July 08 2002,
withstupid.gif
48 SUFFIX)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, the TLS makes 30-40 less HP than the TLR (forget how much exactly).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It's 10 - 13 horsepower by most reports in magazines.  The TLR also weighs 60 (YES, sixty) pounds more.  (Wet weights are 431 for the S, 491 for the R).

withstupid.gif

I didn't think it was that much of a gap, I just remembered 30-40 for some odd reason.

One of the emoticon's settings was screwed. Just reset it, should be ok posting from now on.

thumbs-up.gif

The Hayabusa is very comfortable for both passenger and rider. I finally let my brother who owns a TLR ride my bike a month ago and he now wants a Busa'.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaprider @ July 08 2002, 02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ergonomically speaking, the Busa blows the TLS to pieces. (I agree)
The Busa is not nearly as flickable as the lighter TL, (I'll give ya that one)
and it is WAAAAAY over horsepowered for those tight curves (My rear tire was completely chewed up on my first pass due to some over active right wrist action). (You F#$@'n Pansie!! Its not over powered, you just have no self control. if you want to wack it all the way open in a slow corner, go buy a 600, get your full repli-racer leathers on and make those "vroom-vroom" sounds in your helmet as you drag your knee with style)
Just kidding dude, Everyone has their own preferences, I find that cruisers are very uncomfortable on my lower back, and you only use your arms to control the bike, whereas a sportbike spreads your weight over your legs and lower body as well as your arms, giving you more comfort and better control of the bike.
MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif

(Yeah, Wayyyy to much power for the twisties)
lookaround.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Too much Power????!!!!!
withstupid.gif

busa6.jpg

lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

Last edited by a moderator: