Busa still king aerodynamically according to sr

umairhashmi

Registered
Just received this months sport rider and they put a bunch of popular bikes in the wind tunnel.Guess what? Busa is still the best aerodynamically.The 14 was FOURTH even behind the gsxr1000.Its bad when you think about the fact that kawasaki is also an airplane manufacturer.Imo this might also be the reason its not doing much better than the busa in tests because it does have a more powerful motor.

The 14 has that flat ugly nose... ours is pointed into the wind like a bullet and cuts through it!

So..... What's new?
wink.gif

Just received this months sport rider and they put a bunch of popular bikes in the wind tunnel.Guess what? Busa is still the best aerodynamically.The 14 was FOURTH even behind the gsxr1000.Its bad when you think about the fact that kawasaki is also an airplane manufacturer.Imo this might also be the reason its not doing much better than the busa in tests because it does have a more powerful motor.
The ZX12R makes more HP than a Busa...and who cares what THE # is, a good bike is a GOOD BIKE
wink.gif

......... I said this FACT from the start.....

That's why the Busa is still considered "king" in many circles... because the 14 can't hang in so many departments other than sheer motor power! Sticking a big engine inside a bike is nothing! My dad's RoadStar has a 1600cc but his can't can't even begin to match my bike on the road...........

can you post complete article , who is 2nd , who is 5th etc etc ... thanx
smile.gif

The ZX12R makes more HP than a Busa...and who cares what THE # is, a good bike is a GOOD BIKE
wink.gif
+1

I remember reading a test in which it said although the 14 gets from 0-180mph a half of a second quicker than the Busa, the Busa began to run the 14 down from 170 on up. Gee ... I wonder why that is?
wink.gif

Did it list the actual drag coefficient of each one? What is the Busa if so?
the busa coefficient of air drag has been known for a few years now it's 0.61. Cross sectional area too.

I'm still waiting to get the mag. Does it actualy list Dave's CdA??? I can't imagine he would let that bit of info out!

Back