BUSA SOUNDS LIKE A TL1000! HELP! Misfiring?

Sincere#1

Registered
Hey all im new to the org! been checkin it out for a while but finally registered.

I got a 2001 black and grey hayabusa!( best one )Any way about a week ago out of nowhere it started sounding a lawn mower! :banghead: its just sputters off. in nuetral it sounds GREAT! but soon as i take off it sounds exactly like a tl1000. it has a VERY HARD take off and kinda has a slight knock at low rpms and goes away at higher rpms never heard it before. i did my season tune up in march this year and havent had a problem until a week ago. it just crossed the 15000 mile mark.

I pulled the plugs they were wet and black. My guess Misfiring! idk but i continued my search no cracked lines air or fuel. i also have an ivans TRE took it off no difference. ive been pulling my hair out for 2 days. but i was wondering if the symptoms of a misfire would create this knocking as well? :please:praying and hoping its not any motor work involved. If anybody has got any advice or help on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

:welcome::welcome: Not well versed in troubleshooting stuff like that but giving you a welcome! Im sure someone will chime in soon

You may have a coil pack going bad. Might not be bad enough to hear at idle, but not throwing enough spark when at higher RPM's.

i checked and rechecked plugs 1 and 2 are very black and wet. the coil pack connects right on top of the Plug correct?

knocking, no you could have more than one problem...
You need a multimeter to test the coils. check resistance for both the primary and secondary, then test primary for peak voltage

Thanks for all the help ok wiill replace the coils and see if that does the trick. . after i replace them do i need to adjust anything tbs sync or tps sensor?

Don't let he knocking scare you. Its probably just clutch chatter from the rougher idle. Ol in the clutch lever see if it goes away. More than likely bad coil. Test the coil resistance and clean or replace the plugs. If they keep fouling try cr8e plugs. They are a little hotter to keep them clean. If the coil is getting signal from ecu, the coils spec out, and new plugs don't fix it. Or it fixes it temporarily then fouls out, then test injectors. Put a noid light to make sure they getting signal. Being plugs are wet I net they are. They could hav trash in them causing poor spray pattern and misfires foul the plug, and the problem progressively gt worse. If all else fails a compression test is in order.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks a million! imma pull the injectors today and clean them up. i have irridium plugs in there now thot they were the best ones. idk what kinda of reading should i get from the ECU?

The iridiums are fine. But you still need to pull them to see if they re fouled out. Read a lot about engine by looking at plug. If the plugs are new spray them with carb cleaner and brush, and recheck the gaps. If your weary, put the cr9e or the hotter cr8e. Iridiums add IV to the part number. If they are new and fould out from being too rich you consider a bad aftermarket tune, if you have one, bad coils or injector/s that are trashed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Btw your wasting your time trying to clean your own injectors. Its futile if you don't have an ultrasonic. A lot of shops do them for $25 a piece. Its worth the money to get them cleaned and flow matched.
Posted via Mobile Device

pulled the injectors yesterday low and behold RUST!. The gas was actually red comming out of them. so i cleaned all the lines and pulled the tank off. got the fuel pump out and it was covered in rust! i got as much out and off as i could. got it looking pretty good. pressuree washed the tank and reassembled. o and replacing the orings is a must do for the injectors. put a complete system cleaner in it as well! on to the next test! i tested the conductivity arc and spark of the plugs and coils . LOW AND BEHOLD 3 AND 4 are garbage! didnt even see a spark in the 4th one until i moved it around. so that will be todays mission to find some good ignition coils.....

And what, may I ask, is wrong with the way a TL-R sounds???

4842444864_dc797c32b5.jpg

:poke:

UPDATE: I tried to figure out which coil went bad think the problem was in the injectors all along but not sure.... put good gas in it along with complete system cleaner and took each plug out and checked they had gas in the cylinder. so i let the gas evaperate and checked to see which coil is getting a bad spark. number 3 had a stronger spark than the rest but all were consistant! HMMM... So i started the bike and no misfiring i couldnt believei it. revit upand it was a lil sslow getting back to idle but all consistant. so i put ELINORE BACK TOGETHER! and took her for a spin! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! STRONGER THAN EVER B4 WITH NO HESITATION NO KNOCKING! BUT... at idle it sounds wierd but consistant? so i think imma go get her diagnosed!today and see what the pros say abt that... AND +1 to VIPERAM TOKNOCKING WAS CLUTCH CHATTER! JUST ADDED SOME OIL AND IT WWAS QUIET! SO GUESS I WILL KEEP YA POSTED ON THE DIAGONOSIS! THANKS ALL!

Back