BUsa sold, awaiting new Honda

busa-bliss

Registered
Well, the 'Busa has gone to it's new owner. I just wanted something less intense, so here is a picture of the new Honda CBF1000F GT being delivered this Saturday. This picture is the actual bike, with the addition of colour coded fairing lowers which are being fitted by the dealer before delivery.

cbf_1.jpg

Attachments

• CBF100.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,944
  • cbf1000 2.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,662
Well, congratulations. (I think!?). Looks like a nice bike. I am not familiar with this exact model, but do note (and like) the ABS brakes. Decent hard luggage is also nice - wish Suzuki would make a Busa sport tourer with hard bags.

One comment about "intense" though. Every time I ride a 1000 cc sportbike, they come off as much more "intense" than the stock Busa because of the engine character. The 1000's tend to have lazy, low-torque power until you start hitting 5 or 6000 rpm, and then they positively explode about 8 to 9000 rpm, making similar horsepower to the Busa. In contrast, the big Busa engine has lots of low-down torque and has very linear power delivery with hardly any "explosion" in power the way the 1000's do. Just my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your new bike. I have enjoyed every Honda I have owned (except a Shadow cruiser). Your new bike looks especially nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks, AJAY.
This model uses a detuned Fireblade engine, with more low down torque & less high end screaming. The GT is a dealer special, where they add the hard luggage and a mainstand. I believe Honda are going to introduce an official model exactly the same, but with the addition of fairing lowers. I got this bike at a good price, plus 3 years 0% finance!

cbf4.jpg

Well, perhaps I will miss the 'Busa, time will tell. regardless, I will give you all my impressions over the next few days or weeks.

superb do everything bike you will love the weight and the engine is top drawer

and i think the riding position will be just perfect for the long rides (mcn liked these)

Well, perhaps I will miss the 'Busa, time will tell. regardless, I will give you all my impressions over the next few days or weeks.
I look forward to your impressions of the new scooter. Wish Suzuki would offer 3 year / 0% financing. Heck, that might get me on Gen II.
You will, of course, have to change your user name. LOL!

Congrats on the new ride Peter. I too have enjoyed every Honda I've owned. I used to be exclusively a Honda guy until the Busa entered my world. Before the Busa, my ride was a 1982 CB900F and I still have it though it needs a lot of work now.

BTW, Ajay, I got my 2011 Busa with 5 year 0% financing through the dealer. Couldn't pass that up.

You need to change you screen name to Honda-Bliss now........congrats on your new scooter.

nice thats one of my local bike shops, hunts is a great shop where are you in the UK?

I ami in Huntingdon, near Cambridge, England. . I bought from Hunts in Manchester because they gave me a great deal, threw in some extras, gave me 3years 0% finance, and will deliver the bike 150 miles on a Saturday for £49.00 (about $78.00)

cbf9.jpg

yeah mate there service is second to none, i used to take all my bikes there for servicing etc.. but.... with the busa i also have a local suzuki dealer whos decent so I've been using them

congrats on the bike and heres hoping the weather cuts us a break on saturday ;)

I notice 3 of the USA replies call it a scooter - why? USA English v UK English , or a derogatory term, or slang, or???

Very cool looking bike. I doubt we'll ever see something like that here. I mean, we just got the CB1000R last year haha

I notice 3 of the USA replies call it a scooter - why? USA English v UK English , or a derogatory term, or slang, or???
That's pretty funny. I wouldn't have noticed the slang if you hadn't pointed it out.

Formally, a "scooter" means the same here in the US as it does in England, a small-engined bike, usually a step-through design, automatic transmission, non-threatening in all aspects.

But in the US "scooter" is slang for motorcycle. Probably sarcasm, as it is usually used for large motorcycles.

"Scooter-trash" usually means low-life Harley rider, not a good character, sort of a MC gang member or even too low to be part of a gang, or just a crusty loaner out on the road with no money. But, like so much slang, it appears to be morphing to mean the opposite, just like "bad" in African-American slang came to be "good."

Back