BUSA Short swingarm?

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
I was talking to this guy the other day while taking a break from a twisty road nearby.

Anyhow, the old remark of, "Busa's can't turn came up."

I assured him they could, just took practice.

He remarked that if you shorten the swingarm that it would help. I guess it makes sense but I have never heard of a shorter swingarm for the BUSA, just extended ones.

Anyone else ever heard of this??

Well, O.K. I guess I am just really behind the times!

Anyone have pics to post up?

Anyone know if a GSXR 600, 750, or 1000 year 04 or 05 swing arm will work with my 05 BUSA.

Also is there any kind of modification needed to make the swingarm work or is it just unbold the old and try out the new?

i havent searched here, but SH.org had lots on it, so.... do a search here or wait for SH.org to come back. i have read you can also leave busa stock height in front & lift 1" w/ dogbones in back to get a similar result.
maybe check twisties section too.

(tpbio @ Sep. 13 2006,16:24) Anyone know if a GSXR 600, 750, or 1000 year 04 or 05 swing arm will work with my 05 BUSA.

Also is there any kind of modification needed to make the swingarm work or is it just unbold the old and try out the new?
You need a 600 arm from a srad gsxr, you will need the linkage also! However it wont be a braced arm, unless you go with the 750 arm. If you use a 750 arm it will end up being about 1 and 1/2 inches shorter!

So John,

If I go with the 750 arm, so the arm is braced, do I need the linkage too.

And, does 1.5" shorter swingarm really make a difference?

Ill have to check on the linkage for you, but the shorter arm will diffentlly make a difference.

Also adding a set of Soup'ys raising links will greatly inprove the bikes handling! I raised my bike in the rear about 3/4 of an inch, and the bike turns in so much quicker!

Thanks for the info everyone.

Thanks John for your input. I think I am gonna try this just to see whats up! I saw a 750 arm on ebay for only 50.oo, so not too much just to satisfy my curiosity.

I've seen some tail lifter kits made in Germany which I believe work similar to shorter links. I think they come with some of linkage part also so your fork angle doesn't change as much. Has anyone used these? Search Wild hair accessories and look in the GSXR section.

Raise your rear when you put the arm on it will help from what i've read.

busa107,

What year is your BUSA? And could you quantitate your opinion on increased handling? I mean do you notice a vast difference in handling or does it handle 30% better.....etc. Just trying to gauge the change.

I lowered my front 1.25" and the back 2". So when I do this, will putting my rear back to stock and leaving the front suffice?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Here's the link to the ones that are available from Germany.  Hope you don't feel like I'm hijacking this thread too much.

http://www.wemotec-motorrad.de/shop....971

This is the translation I got from a free translator.

With TÃœV part expert opinion! The Kit enables ca.3,2 cm of more ground freedom. Through it a better Handling through changed load work geometry. More load on the front wheel, through it we obtain a reduction of the inclination to the Lenkerschlagen! Of the specialty press repeatedly tested and recommended! Further advantages are: A better talk behavior of the rear suspension strut, your motorcycle gets a better optics through the more steeply standing stern. The Kit is lies rennerprobt, some statements capable assembly instructions enclosed. Manufactured out of cold roll noble steel with CNC-technology made.

(kawipartsdlr @ Sep. 13 2006,18:24) Here's the link to the ones that are available from Germany. Hope you don't feel like I'm hijacking this thread too much.

http://www.wemotec-motorrad.de/shop....971

This is the translation I got from a free translator.

With TÃœV part expert opinion! The Kit enables ca.3,2 cm of more ground freedom. Through it a better Handling through changed load work geometry. More load on the front wheel, through it we obtain a reduction of the inclination to the Lenkerschlagen! Of the specialty press repeatedly tested and recommended! Further advantages are: A better talk behavior of the rear suspension strut, your motorcycle gets a better optics through the more steeply standing stern. The Kit is lies rennerprobt, some statements capable assembly instructions enclosed. Manufactured out of cold roll noble steel with CNC-technology made.
NO worries about thread hijack.

I appreciate all input as I am trying to learn as much about this a I can.

(frisbee @ Sep. 13 2006,18:14) Raise your rear when you put the arm on it will help from what i've read.
Thanks, Frisbee.

Info appreciated.

PM sent to camaroguy.

Do you have to buy a new chain or can you remove links?

2005' Hayabusa and I installed a 2001" GSXR1000 swingarm.  Measured 1" shorter than the stocker.  Bracing on top.  It's difficult to put a percentage on the improvement of handling, however I can say the first time I rode with it installed it made the stock swingarm feel like the rear end of the bike was following on a trailer.  I was suprised how much difference an inch makes.
Not only handling difference but high speed riding/runs do not feel as safe, at least that's been my experience.

IM005843.JPG

Thanks, Brad.

At what speed do you start to feel less safe or stable??

Also, anything specific you had to do to change to the 1000 swingarm. Drill, cut, chain change, etc....

Back