Busa runing very rough idle/and on power

merc85

Registered
Hi i have a 1999 Busa 7k on the clock, when 1st starting from cold she run's really rough / missfire's, rev it a bit more and it gets worse, when it gets warm it's a little better, As soon as you down it a gear to open it up it mss fire's then catches then miss fires again. it's ok if you ease the throttle off a bit. it's had new fuel lines and pump before. really dissapointed in it.

it sometimes feel likes the clutch is slipping but it's diffinatly miss firing.
Please help

Welcome to the oRg! Check your plugs and all vacuum lines under the tank. Also, I believe that year had the filter in the tank, it may be clogged as well. Others can give you more information. Hope you get it figured out. Did it just start acting this way?

Check your fuel pressure...sounds like a bad pump, or clogged injectors.

Merc, like James said - check your line connections and plugs... how mechanically inclined are you? Might be worth your efforts to check your tapet clearances and do a TB sync (at least check)

Checked all lines under the tank, replaced the spark plugs as old ones were worn and black, must be running rich. the more ya rev it the more it miss fire's at a standstill that is, take it down the road on light throttle she is fine, pull out of a junction, or down it agear she's starts to stumble/miss fire, untill ya ease off.???

Took exterior pump apart to check filter, seemed clean, put back together now the bike will NOT start, fire's on a couple and then stops, Wishing i bought the bloomin fing now. ???

Pump now sorted, o rings dead, have replaced, Busa seamed ok for 1 day and 100miles then done the same, Garage said running way to lean, burnt a Plug out!, has replaced plug and riched the mixture, bike now running as it should do, have a long hard ride tomo and see if the problem comes back, I am not convinced its fixed.

Get it on a dyno that can measure the AFR under load. It will tell you a lot. Shouldn't cost too much just to do a baseline, and a good tech may be able to pinpoint any issues. It's also much safer than finding out there is a problem while riding on the streets.

I hope you get it sorted. :beerchug:

Back