BUSA RIDER FATALITY

busa crazy

Registered
LAST NIGHT I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM THE TRACK WITH MY FAMILY, AROUND 1 AM, AND RAN INTO A LICENSE CHECK. THE DEPUTY KNEW ME AND ASKED IF I HAD HEARD ABOUT THE FATAL BIKE CRASH EARLIER IN THE DAY , I TOLD THEM NO AND HE EXPLAINED, THAT A GUY LET ONE OF HIS BUDDIES TRY OUT HIS HAYABUSA BECAUSE HE JUST GOT THE MOTOR BUILT AND HE WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT FELT LIKE WITH MORE HP!!!
WELL TO MAKE A STORY SHORT, HE WAS SHOWING OFF AND THE POPO GOT BEHIND HIM AND CHASED HIM FOR ABOUT 30 MIN, THEY SAID HE HIT A CULVERT GOING AROUND 100 +  ALSO SAID THAT HE DIED INSTANTLY.
I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE FAMLY OF THIS PERSON,THEY STILL HAVEN'T RELEASED HIS NAME BECAUSE HE WAS UNDER AGE. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS, MAYBE IT WILL HELP THE YOUNGER GENERATION UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU GET CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING WRONG, THAT THERES MORE TO LOSE THAN YOUR LICENSE!!!

While I don't feel sorry for the rider who died, there is NO excuse for running, I do feel for the family and friends.

My condolences to family and friends.

A fallen rider is a fallen rider no matter the reason. Although I do not agree with this one.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

post-6-14763-fallen_riderz.jpg

Sometimes people don't think about who they are really hurting when they do something stupid. condolences to the family

No matter how someone goes, it is never a good thing. I feel for those he left behind and their pain.

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 10 2006,15:16) While I don't feel sorry for the rider who died, there is NO excuse for running, I do feel for the family and friends.

yea no excuse, pull over take the ticket get your insurance jacked to the moon for the next 3 years, its all in the name of safety, thats why our government is so concerned that everyone driving a cage is skilled enough to handle it without killing anyone on motorcycles or anyone in cars for that matter....

maybe, just maybe, police officers shouldnt engage in high speed persuits like they are chasing serial killers putting innocent people at risk?

what if the busa had taken out an innocent bystander? or the squad car loses control and takes out a family on the way home from a soccer match?

oh sure it would all be the cyclists fault for running in the first place but a lot of good that does family members of deceased victims?

safety is a practice everyone is responsible for practicing, a badge does not make you exempt and two wrongs don't make a right....

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 10 2006,17:16) While I don't feel sorry for the rider who died, there is NO excuse for running, I do feel for the family and friends.

That's a very cynical way of thinking. The rider was underage and stupid... and not mature enough to have been on a busa to begin with. Kids make mistakes. I feel sorry for him because he won't get a chance to correct his mistake...

Unfortunately for him, you're only as wise as your last decision. I feel for his friends and family.

You cannot blame the officers for the fatality. They gave chase to a lawbreaker. The responsibilty is 100% to the offender.

As far as your insurance going up etc...if you can't handle the "time", don't do the crime. Running and the conscequences (all of them) are soley on YOU.

IMO I think running from law enforcement (car or bike) should be delt with in the harshest sense, (personally, I think they should beat the hell out of ya, Rodney King style, when they catch you). But that's the German comming out in me.

As the above shows...running ain't a game, it's for real. And a stricter punishment may put an end to the "game of tag" .

Regardless of my beliefs, the outcome is a sad one and my sympathies go out to the young mans family.

Wonder if the family will press charges on the Busa owner. I would think negligence would be in order.

you can bet your busa hump the family WILL press charges against the jurisdiction that employed the officer that engaged in the chase that resulted in a high speed fatality, it always happens that way...

civil laws are far different than criminal, although it may have been criminal to flee a civil jury can award millions if you can tilt the scale slighty towards the plaintiffs side that the officer indeed did show negligence by escalating the situation to a deadly state...

pulling behind a vehichle and lighting it up is one thing if the vehichle pulls over normally and someone gets hurt the officer holds no negligence or responsibility, but, if the vehichle speeds up and the officer follows pushing the vehichle to higher speeds the officer assumes responsibility for the aftermath...

many jurisdictions pay out millions in wrongful death suits annually, the taxpayers ultimately pay in the end, here in seattle officials have banned high speed persuits at any rate, felony or non, and thats the smart thing to do, you can't put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it....

(heavybusa @ Sep. 10 2006,10:25) A fallen rider is a fallen rider no matter the reason. Although I do not agree with this one.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

post-6-14763-fallen_riderz.jpg
+1

Back