Busa Recall

twisted wrist

Registered
I just got off the phone with Amercan Suzuki, There IS a recall on 2002 Busa only, this is for the starter clutch,
if you need to check for yourself the # is 1-714-996-7040
have your vin # ready and they will fill you in, it covers
parts and labor!!

Hayabusa2

Thanks for sheding some light on this.
biggrin.gif

Mine slipped and grabbed..sux..suzuki bought me a new one.
Remember the guy who had his slip bang and broke the case.
Ouch..at least suzuki is fixi'n it..
cool.gif

Freddies Here
MY BIKES A SLUG
Member # 153

posted December 20, 2002 07:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, in my hands I have Suzuki service Bulletin GSXR NO 126 Dated 12/10/2002. This is for the Hayabusa.
SUBJECT: STARTER SYSTEM PARTS INTERCHANGE INFORMATION.

MODEL: GSX1300R HAYABUSA 1999 through 2002.

SUZUKI FINALLY DID SOMETHING ABOUT THE STARTERS.

THE INTERCHANGE PARTS COME IN THE 2003.

I have to go for a few min. I'll post more details when I come back..........FREDDIE

[/QUOTE]
I just found this on SuzukiHayabusa.org. I wish that we could get a difinite answer on this. When I called this morning they told me that there were no recalls on the Busa.

Apparently that is only in effect if it breaks AND is under warrantee.

Nothing definite.
rock.gif

Just checked with the local dealer no recalls for my Busa. I will keep checking. Thanks for thread.

Offical Suzuki advice for preventing starter clutch failure.
A. Never engage stater for less than 5 sec.
B. Never rapidly reengage starter. Wait 5sec between start attempts.

Hope this helps.

Anybody get the recall done yet? Is it only warranty, or do we have to wait until we have a problem? Makes me glad I got the extened warranty. What are the symptoms, non-starting or noise?

Offical Suzuki advice for preventing starter clutch failure.
A. Never engage stater for less than 5 sec.
B. Never rapidly reengage starter. Wait 5sec between start attempts.

Hope this helps.
Good advise, also make sure your battery is fully charged.

Had my starter repaired under warranty, '02 7000 miles.  The problem began with the bike being hard to start, then the starter would disengage with a loud clunk.  After awhile the starter would not engage at all, just spinning.

There are so many threads floating around on this topic that it has become very confusing (Recall/Service Bulletin or Warranty/Non-warranty).

Who knows the real answer???

Had my starter repaired under warranty, '02 7000 miles. The problem began with the bike being hard to start, then the starter would disengage with a loud clunk. After awhile the starter would not engage at all, just spinning.
[/QUOTE] That is the same thing that happened to my 2000 Busa.
AAAssjani.gif

Back