Busa Rebuild

KingiO

Registered
Hello, I am interested in putting a crashed damaged Hayabusa back together,and I am trying to get a realistic estimate of how much a project of this nature would cost. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

need to know what all needs to be replaced.

is the front crashed? i.e. need forks, headlight etc

was it lowsided? i.e. need plastics, side cases etc.

more info/pics

A lot of good people here put stuff up for sale at VERY reasonable prices... I was able to upgrade a lot of parts from stock with help of the members here.

Paitence of finding the parts on ebay and local craigslist. First I would have the frame inspected very carefully by a professional. It would really help if you had pictures of the damage. I will tell you this a GENII falls off its kickstand sitting still average insurance quote is $3200.00

thanks for the replies I do not have any info because I have not purchased the damaged bike yet just looking for general info>

Best of luck, you ask the members here. Majority of them are very helpful. I can chip in too, provided i have the parts you need:whistle:

thanks for the replies I do not have any info because I have not purchased the damaged bike yet just looking for general info>
Usually by the time you put a crashed bike back together you have more money in it than just buying the same bike in good condition already running....especially plastic covered bikes. Nakeds and dual-sports aren't nearly as bad tho.

Its tempting sometimes to get into a project bike cheap and fix it up over time, easier than coming up with the money all at once for a good runner.....but they can become money pits quick, If you can save up for a good runner that might be the better option.

Back