busa question please help!!!!

jaredlewis1928

Registered
I have an 07 busa recently It's developed a problem, I'll start the bike and it will run fine for the first few minutes after about 4 to 5 minutes the FI light will come on and the bike will just die, after awhile I can start the bike back up and it will repeat the process. I can't afford to take it to the shop so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. thanks Jared.

You need to get code from it to see exactly what is the problem.

2 weeks ago I had no clue and had probs.
Others showed me so I pass it on.

Not sure if your 07 is the same as my 09 as far as plug location but under seat on mine there is white plug as you see in pics. You need to jump red/wht with blk/wht wire to get it to give you code for prob.
You can leave cap on or take it off for easier access to wire tabs to jump.
First pic shows plug with cap still on and wire shoved all the way down.
2nd pic shows cap off for easier access.

Once you jump these two wires turn key on and it will show you an error code.....similar to this C027 or another #

jumper plug.JPG

wire jump.JPG

Last edited:
You need to read the code. Theres a plug on the left side of the tail section. Take a paper clip or a wire and stick in there. start the bike and wait for the FI code to come on. It will show a letter and numbers on your dash. Look the code up in the manual or post on here and someone will read it for you. It could be a clogged fuel filter, injectors, or anything simple like that.

Yours will be alittle different from the pics in the previous post. The consept is the same though. Your plug will look a little different and it will be on the left side of the tail section. It looks like a plug to nowhere. Since your FI is intermitten, you will have to start your bike instead of just turn the key.

Last edited:
Fuel delivery problem, most assuredly. However, get the FI code. That will go a long way to preventing costly guesses.

--Wag--

welcome! now what other forum can you get you this much help, this fast?? :cheerleader:

The guys on this board are the best out there. Have you been able to pull that code yet, so we can help you figure out what's goin on with your ride?

If you have a power comander on it, make sure you have a good ground. If not, the FI will come on. Seen it on my 07.

means no current code,next time it comes on dont turn off bike,remove seat and then retrieve code.by turning off bike it may clear out code.

that can cause probs,its not weather tight.can allow moister to enter and corrode connection,causing resistance on the signal wire.i would recommend soldering the connection and putting heat shrink over the connection to avoid any future probs.im not saying thats the prob but iv seen it cause issues on other bikes .need to get code first so you know were to start looking

Back