Busa Problems

BusaBusa00

Registered
The bike ran perfect before the mods I did. I have a yoshi full system, TRE, BMC Race Filter, 16 tooth gearing, and a small box mod. I had a PC3 USB installed and the bike cut off at 9k rpms well I took it off and my bike goes till about 10k but sputters hard. I sprayed the inside of the injectors with carb cleaner and sitll same problem. I cleaned the Fuel Pump strainer I even bought seafoam and poured it in the tank still same thing.

Could it be a bad ECU?
Could an exhaust leak cause it I didnt use new gaskets when i installed the Yoshi System.
Could it be the injectors are shot and need replacing?
Also w hen I did my small box mod I used a dremel and I didnt have an air hose to blow everything out so I cleaned it best I could with a rag. Could that of maybe blocked something in the injectors?

Any help would be appreciated. My last test would be swapping out the ECU

Have you tried disconnecting the TRE, the same thing just happened to me about a week ago....Got rid of the TRE and she ran like a RAPED APE..

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 14 2006,22:44) How old is your bike?

If its 4+yrs the fuel filter might be dirty.
Its a 2004 with 8k miles on it. I took off the TRE and still same thing. I talked with NJ and will switch out the injectors and see if thats it.

Update: Switched out the injectors still no damn luck I feel driving this damn thing into a lake. I took out the fuel pump and cleaned the strainer still no luck.

Last resort would be the ECU havent changed that yet.

Could an exhaust leak cause this? I didnt change the gaskets when I put on the yoshi.

I removed the pair valve could I have missed something that can cause something like that?

Im about to go crazy seriously. Any help would be appreciated.

BusaBusa00,

Since it ran perfectly prior to making all your mods, it is more likely you didn't reconnect a vacuum line or block it off as required. Perhaps you disturbed a connector that was not fully seated for instance: Spark plug caps, cam sensor connector, or any other electrical sensor's connector.

Particles from the air box will not clog your injectors and injectors do not normally wear out with such short usage.

1. Is your battery fully charged?

2. Are BOTH your battery terminals tight? (You did have to install the Power Commander's ground wire to the battery's negative post.)

(Quasar @ Sep. 20 2006,18:21) BusaBusa00,

Since it ran perfectly prior to making all your mods, it is more likely you didn't reconnect a vacuum line or block it off as required. Perhaps you disturbed a connector that was not fully seated for instance: Spark plug caps, cam sensor connector, or any other electrical sensor's connector.

Particles from the air box will not clog your injectors and injectors do not normally wear out with such short usage.

1. Is your battery fully charged?

2. Are BOTH your battery terminals tight? (You did have to install the Power Commander's ground wire to the battery's negative post.)
Yes Battery is fully charged and the terminals are tight. For the small box mod was there any hoses I had to take off? I blocked everything correctly for the pair valve mod, followed instructions on this site.

I think Im just going to drop it off at a shop and have them test everything. This sucks...

Back