Busa Photos

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
I am proposing a Hayabusa.org photo contest. Here are the rules:

1. The photo must be taken in 2003.
2. The photo must be taken of or by a .org member
3. The member's Busa must be in the photo (dahh). Background, scenery, and other objects in the photo are up to the member.
4. Obviously no nudity.
5. Each member is allowed one submission.
6. Submissions are to be sent to one of the administrators and posted at the same time.
7. In December, we conduct a poll to select the winner.

The prize...I don't know...need suggestions. All entrants could  send in a certain amount and we could buy something.

Sooo, anyone proud of their scooter?
Anyone get a digital cam for Chrismas?
Anyone going on rides to picturesque locations?
Anyone love himself?
muscle.gif

What do you guys think?

how many members do you think will drop off by december? probly several.

How about a monthly or quarterly contest, having a simple prize. $5.00 entry fee, the winner gets the pot or a shirt or something.

The prize should be an all expense paid trip to HAWAII! or uuuuuh Newcastle, Ok.

or not.
wink.gif
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Since I sold both of my Busa's can I use my 1000 in my pics for now???

I know Hank had sold his Busa and got a yamaha is he disqualified... Please take mercy on our non- Busa owning souls.

How about a straight up wheelie with saddlebags...maybe i would win...or N.E. doin' a quarter mile of tireburn..hehe.
Cool idea Thinker..

How about a monthly or quarterly contest, having a simple prize. $5.00 entry fee, the winner gets the pot or a shirt or something.
Hey, I don't care. Actually quarterly would be a good way to get all the seasons represented, instead of just summer shots.

OK, I like quarterly! Great way to keep the Photo Gallery fresh.

I know Hank had sold his Busa and got a yamaha is he disqualified... Please take mercy on our non- Busa owning souls.
This is a hard one. My personal pref. would be Busa pics, but if the person is a member like Hank, how can you say no. I will go with popular opinion on this question.

Thinker

This is a hard one. My personal pref. would be Busa pics, but if the person is a member like Hank, how can you say no. I will go with popular opinion on this question.

Thinker
Hey I'm a member too?? RGD808 Since April of 2002
I don't post for 2 days and I'm already forgotten.. sheez
Higg didn't even post me on his funny poll.

I was just throwing Hank in there since I knew he sold his also.

Thinker
Hey I'm a member too??  RGD808 Since April of 2002
I don't post for 2 days and I'm already forgotten.. sheez
Higg didn't even post me on his funny poll.

I was just throwing Hank in there since I knew he sold his also.
Didn't mean to leave you out brotha. I just assumed since I was responding to you. Anyway I am all for it. It would be hard for me to vote for a non Busa anyway. So why not include all members?

I know that these guys brought up the point about non Busa's being entered...I do not think they should be allowed because you can do alot more on a smaller bike for an exciting photo than a Busa...That's my take...It really doesn't matter cause I'll win them all anyway..."STUNNAH" gonna represent!!!
muscle.gif

Another question...How are we really going to know it's an actual member and not some imposter...In the past a rode a friends bike with his leather and helmet, several days later he was getting props for my riding...Hmmm?
rock.gif

And, And are girls wearing "Double Daisy Dukes" considered nudity???
muscle.gif

maybe we can concentrate on getting it started first, then we can worry about the STUNNAH things. No offense, but I don't think stunts are going to be the jist of the contest. Even a photo of a bird pooping on a ninja could be considered for the prize. depends on the situation.

Hey, that reminds me of a joke. Will post it in "was just wondering" cuz not appropriate here, and I want to gain the extra point.
smile.gif

Hey, I don't care. Actually quarterly would be a good way to get all the seasons represented, instead of just summer shots.

OK, I like quarterly! Great way to keep the Photo Gallery fresh.
You would need to wait for the snow belt to thaw out before we could get some pics in.

I know that these guys brought up the point about non Busa's being entered...[/QUOTE]
I here you Stunnah, but since it was my idea, I am going to attempt to make the call that any member on any bike is eligible. With that said, how would it look for a GSXR, ZX12 or an FJR to win on a Busa site? The votes will decide!

How are we really going to know it's an actual member and not some imposter...In the past a rode a friends bike with his leather and helmet, several days later he was getting props for my riding[/QUOTE]
If people are impressed by stunts then I guess that is what they will vote for. But, don't we have enough people dropping bikes in their driveways and garages?  I would be more impressed seeing a Busa in front of Ground Zero, the Golden Gate, the Grand Canyon, Mt. St. Helens, at the beginning of a mile of twisties, or as part of a cool looking group. On another site I saw a pic of a Busa in front of a Stealth plane. That is the type of photo I am voting for. I would also be looking for that bling bling Busa that turns heads and/or the memorable pose of that suave member. (Mabe the great BACharles will finally wash his bike and clip his nose hairs. And maybe
muscle.gif
will get out of bed.
tounge.gif

My idea assumes the honor code. Nobody is going to get rich here. So what is the point cheating? This is just a way to keep the board interesting and to encourage members to take photos of themselves and their bikes.

So Captain, can you tell us where to submit the photos, along with a short explanation of the pic. I would ask that only one photo be allowed per member, and that the pics be held and all the entries be posted the first of April along with a poll allowing us to vote on the org's best photo for Q1. We still need to decide about an award.

IDEAS?

Thinker

Thinkin... let's not bother captain with this, as he has less time on his hands than Dustman.
I know Dustman is busy too, but if he can create a "1st Quarter Photo Entries" page in the gallery section, that would be a good start. It is going to be damn near impossible to collect an entry fee like I first thought, so the grand prize could be something as trivial as a Bozo Button. Or maybe a movie ticket to go see "Torque".

Dustman? Can you do that for us when you get a chance please?

Boy am I messy. I'm just draggin' this fight over to other threads. Sorry about that Thinker. Oh well, Stunnah wanted it so he's gonna get it. Don't close your eyes Stunnah, cause I'm gonna get cha.

Brian

Thinkin... let's not bother captain with this, as he has less time on his hands than Dustman.
I know Dustman is busy too, but if he can create a "1st Quarter Photo Entries" page in the gallery section, that would be a good start. It is going to be damn near impossible to collect an entry fee like I first thought, so the grand prize could be something as trivial as a Bozo Button. Or maybe a movie ticket to go see "Torque".

How about the grand prize being a shot of the picture blown up under it's own thread??? Just a way to recognize...
muscle.gif

How about the grand prize being a shot of the picture blown up under it's own thread???  Just a way to recognize...  
muscle.gif
or a large version of the winning photo on the hayabusa.org home page with a caption stating the winner's name.
smile.gif

Back