Busa owners in Central Texas?

OB_mike

Registered
Vortech 347 their is a blue & silver Busa
at kawasaki suzuki of Granbury 1-800-800-2851
or 817-573-2851.A few hundred miles from Austin.I bought a red & silver for $10250 out the door.
No haggling required all bikes 10% off msrp...

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 17 February 2000).]

I am getting ready to buy a new 'Busa' in the Austin area. Any of you in here have a recommendation for a dealer? Especially, one that is willing to sell the bike for a reasonable price. Everybody seems to have 2 or 3 of them but are unwilling to sell below MSRP. I just want to buy one with a new helmet and the ext. warranty for 12k. What do you think?

we have both colors in stock.
Right in Austin.
Our policy is simple.the out the door price is on the wall broken down Item by Item.
Just remember what my Father-in-law said:
When you go to the grocery store to you
haggle over the price for milk. NO you buy it the price you pay is right in front of you .
Plus you get me to work on it!!!
And go racing with.
Hows that for service?

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 16 February 2000).]

I bought my blue/silver with ext. warranty for $12,400 out the door. No helmet though. Call Stubbs Cycles at 713-644-7535. Talk to Scott Minart. Tell him Ron sent you. I have checked with dealers in Houston and San Antonio. No luck getting a Busa under MSRP. Some dealers were well above MSRP. Good luck....

rcurry@flash.net

Paying retail does not gaurantee you will get a good mechanic or a properly assembled bike.A lot of dealers around here offer no discount because they have big fancy showrooms with lots of salesman or to much overhead.
I have bought bikes at discount for the last 10 years from this dealership and none of those nightmarish scenarios have yet to surface.

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 18 February 2000).]

YOU TELLEM JOHNNY THATS WHY I QUIT THE DEALER SCENE AS DO SO MANY TECHS .AND MANY OF THEM GO OFF TO THE CAR DEALERS AND PEOPLE CRY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE LONG TERM EXP.TECH.PEOPLE IN THE CYCLE INDUSTRY AND THIS IS ONE OF THOSE PROBLEMS(CHEAP AS MUTHA PHUCKERS THAT WANT SOMETHIN FOR NOTHIN) I TELLEM FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO MEET YOUR NEEDS PAL!

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 18 February 2000).]

I see you don't understand my point.
By trying to get the best deal possible you beleive that is money you saved when infact it is money that you will spent very shortly with out even thinking twice.
Example:
the Busa is a great value at 10,700 or so.
now you want it for 9700 out the door taxes included.what just happend was the dealership did not make much money and due to that they cannot afford quality techs to service out the bike properly so when you take delivery of the unit it is scratched or not assembled correctly.so a lever falls off or the chain snaps or the front wheel fell off so far you got a smoking deal correct?
then you wantit warrantied quess what Suzuki says no due to improper setup now you are mad at Suzuki and the Dealership still got a smoking deal correct?
now you need to have a recall or service work done same under qualified tech working there due to the dealer has no money to pay a good one and they forget to hook up vacuum lines and leave bolt loose that fall off.So you are beyound mad now and say I will do my own work so to the parts dept you are off to
only to find they do not have anything in stock due to there is no working capital.
so you have to special order everthing
Real smoking deal so far corrcet?
So you go to the independant show now the dealer gets none of your money closes down and you now have to drive 50 some odd miles to get your new bike that you want to pay below retail for A real smoking deal.
I will pay what I think something is worth
do I feel a Busa is worth 10,700.00 Yes
Even if I did not work for a dealer I would still pay retail for one it is a very good value.
Just remember when you buy a bike should you not look at the entire dealership and just not the bike?
So when I buy a car bike anything I not only look at the product but what are "they"going to do after the sale is more Important!
Like I have said before you have the power for you have the money.
And No sales people do not like to see me the whole dealership does!
Sorry that remark you made got undr my skin
Johnnycheese

Tell me about it.... I live in the Bundox!!! and the only type of sukzuki this guys worked on before last year was 4 Wheelers... Then I took my bike to get the cam chain tensioner, and I had to tell this guys how to lift the Tank... They scared the **** out of me...

You go Johnnycheese!!!... No one can beat a deal when what you get is QUALITY IN WORK... rather than QUANTITIES OF MONEY SAVED... in the long run, you'll pay.

Gotta add my two cents...............
I got my Busa at D&L - Austin and I paid MSRP but, I've had no problems out of it and for some reason when I take it in for routine service they get it done right and as promised. Sure I could of saved a couple of hundred if I shopped around, but what if I needed assistance on a warrenty issue? Buying the Busa is one thing, but servicing and caring for this high-performance bike s best left to the best, i.e. johnnycheese!

[This message has been edited by jr7501 (edited 19 February 2000).]

Congratulations JR It's still a good deal at MSRP.Just trying to supply requested info for a member without someone taking snipes at my dealer.

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 19 February 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 19 February 2000).]

Johnycheese

You have a good point. I'm in the aircraft maintenance field and after de-regulation of the airlines there has been a steady decrease in SERVICE and RELILABILITY. You get what you pay for is an old and true saying. People just want cheap fares and they got it. Ask the people of Alaska Air or Value Jet if they got their money's worth. Just my personal 2 cents.

Ride Safe, Bob

Yes I am Sorry I have sour Grapes feeling
for your the type of person I was describing.
Lets see you do your own maintaince great but the Sh** warranty work that pays nothing let the dealer do_OK
You try on every helmet/glove and jacket in stock then you go home and buy it where no one has an overhead and get a so called "DEAL".
I bet you used to borrow cars and bikes and bring them back empty!
Or did you just leave that sip of milk/juice in the bottle to be nice.
You even said retail for a busa was a good deal I guess for everyone but you correct?
I am not saying that because you pay retail you will get Quality service,the piont is if someone does not make a profit their is no store for you to try on your helmets/gloves or get a good deal on a bike.
You remind me of the customer that asks for a tune up and then states "can cut me a cheaper price"
My answer has always been I will if I can call your boss and tell them you will work for less money today so your boss can get a deal too.

I do most service myself.I also check the valve clearance myself, but if they need to be set I take the bike to the dealer.My ZX-9 was jumping out of fourth last year the problem was repaired under warranty with no problems.They take good care of me or I would not buy their bikes.I also buy my tires mail order 190 D207 is $140 and brought to my front door versus a dealers $195.The other day I went to the local honda dealership & tried their Arai Quantam helmets and then came home and mail ordered the one I liked and saved $80.Hows that for cheap.

setup bolted down ready for software install sunday.I have multiple tasks for my busa test mule waiting in the wings.should be making pulls by the boatload this week.i'll breakin the 2000busa on it inbetween my pulls on my 99.I'm interested in seeing what the a/f ratio is on the 2000 stock without the box interfearing with readings.

Back