Busa Owner from Europe

Hello gentleman,

this is my introduction. A few days ago I've bought a 2001 Hayabusa from a barn.
The bike has only 8000miles on it...

This forum has a lot of suspension pros . So I hope that I could get a little help here and support you with my suspension knowledge. More on that in an other thread.

Hi there mate , a Gen 1 barn find eh , so you saved a Busa , and by the sounds , aim to get it going better than ever . That is the type of noble action we Busa Brethren can respect , welcome to the Org mate and look forward to many future upgrade correspondence with you !!
Toad

Thanks for the nice welcome.
Looking forward to the correspondance!

I am already looking around for mods, maintenance tricks and so on.

My first concern is the front brake. Got to rebuild it. And the other point is the horrible suspension.
An other thread is coming up in a few minutes!

My first concern is the front brake. Got to rebuild it. And the other point is the horrible suspension.
Good place to start bro , I think those are critical areas for any rebuild . :super:

mabupa

Registered

Welcome aboard! We love pictures, so make sure you share some of the bike and the whole process. As for brakes, several of us have switched to radial master cylinders, braided lines and good pads to improve the system. There is a lot of info on the forum on this and what does/doesn’t fit on our bikes due to space on the dash/handlebar area.

Is the 1st pic a set of Ohlins fork bottoms , missing the caliper mount brackets ? I recognize the TTX36 in the last pics , I got 2 of them and the older SU046 . So bro , are you a suspension technician , like professional ?

Is the 1st pic a set of Ohlins fork bottoms , missing the caliper mount brackets ? I recognize the TTX36 in the last pics , I got 2 of them and the older SU046 . So bro , are you a suspension technician , like professional ?
yes...the caliper brackets are seperate.

the last pics are from a ttx shock...right.
I studied engineering and i am focussed on fluid dynamics in my job. in addition to have the ability to work with my hands...this is the result :-)

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I agree that suspension and brakes are the place to start.
After that, you may want to consider upgrading to the 02-07 ecu(not a direct swap, there are a few more parts needed to go with it, but all simple). The 02-07 ecu can be flashed, 99/00, and 01 cannot.
Welcome to the org
Looking forward to full bike pictures and rebuild

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graveheat