• Get the Busa

Votes: 60 100.0%
  • Get the Grand National.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go with Valium on this one  
 I've owned GT Mustangs, Corvettes, Ford P/U,Chevy P/U's,  My toyota Tacoma,  and have drove some really nice and fast cars, 93 Viper (friends), 98 Corvette(cousins car) my uncles 69 GTO capable of 13 second 1/4 miles, George's drag car trying to remember what kind of car it is, it's times at Tulsa were 12.4, 12.5, 12.4        
And I wouldn't trade for My Busa!!!!!  
And as for Dream Car,  if the GN is yours then get it!  

The decision is yours make the one that is right for you! wink.gif

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147188767 -->

What profit will you make on a GN when gas prices are the highest in history? Sounds like wasted money to me.

I voted for the Busa..

BUSAFETT

I'm with Valium, unless you are ready to drop some serious cash into this cow, go with the busa. A guy here locally bought a GN 8 months ago from a dealership, $14,400. They saw his as* comin. He sold it back to them 6 months later, same condition, and they gave him $8000.00 for it.

Cars like that require upkeep, and a lot of it. Especially if you want it to hold it's value. I too have been through the car phase, high horsepower, drag racing and nothing, I mean NOTHING creates the rush that the Hayabusa creates.

No words can describe the feeling of cracking the throttle wide open on a 5 mile stretch and feeling that motor pull and never let go.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

But if you feel like this is what you wanna do, don't let anyone here stop you.

Just my grain of salt

What profit will you make on a GN when gas prices are the highest in history?  Sounds like wasted money to me.

I voted for the Busa..

BUSAFETT
That's true, the bottom is falling out of the collector car market these days because of gas prices. A guy in town has his '70 Hemi Cuda for sale...at first he wanted $65,000.00 for it. Now that gas prices for premium are over $3.00 a gallon he's dropped it down to $900 or best offer and it's just been sitting there. I'm thinking of offering $600 for it because it's just a Plymouth and I'm sure that old clunker sucks down a lot gas.

Forget KBB. It's dealer friendly (retail prices high, trade in prices low). Its always hard to judge the price of a collector vehicle, it depends on who's looking for what when. Sometimes one car that appears to be the same as another will sell for thousands more or less than the other just days apart. Collector cars for profit is worse than playing the stock market (I've lost at them both). Also, are you sure its a GN and not a clone made from a Regal?

Not a Buick but the same muscle concept...85 model...You get the point...

monte_carlo.jpg

Forget KBB.  It's dealer friendly (retail prices high, trade in prices low).  Its always hard to judge the price of a collector vehicle, it depends on who's looking for what when.  Sometimes one car that appears to be the same as another will sell for thousands more or less than the other just days apart.  Collector cars for profit is worse than playing the stock market (I've lost at them both).  Also, are you sure its a GN and not a clone made from a Regal?
I have a friend that has black book... He checked it today, $5000. I've made a decision...

My Father in Law has a 1984 GN with 60,000ish miles on it with a leather gut. The car is damn near showroom and unmolested, garage kept the last 12 or 14 years. He would sell for $12,000, it was recently valued at $16,000. Let me know if interested. This thing is almost perfect and 99.9% original, the few pieces that were changed still have the OEM stuff to be put back in, such as the fan blade...

well... I do LOVE a GN turbo! I've been having visions of turbo upgrades and intercoolers dancing in my head. biggrin.gif
Well, that's cool.

Will it comfort you when I blow by you on my Busa after you put all those turbo mods on? Imagine....

All black... drooling3.gif

lollipop tangelo rims... drooling3.gif

sexy lines.... drooling3.gif

Scorpion cans... drooling3.gif

roaring past your GN...

on ONE wheel? rock.gif

biggrin.gif poke.gif tounge.gif
Well........

you suck. tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

if you can get a loan for a car that's almost 20 years old...  Might have trouble on that.  Most loan companies I've dealt with start balking if a car is more than 10 years old.
Absolutely right!! I would get the Grand National now and wait for the '07 Busa. But, on the other hand, pipefighter has always had one of my favorite bikes to look at with the high mount HMF's. I used to be a huge fan of the GN, but totally forgot about it when the Hurst Olds came out. Not as fast, but a beauty none-the-same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back