Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So... as some of you know, I've been looking for a busa. I'm in the process of trying to get a loan. If I'm approved, I was looking at Pipefighter's bike. Beautiful Busa, one of my favorite color schemes. BUT!!! I ran into a guy Saturday night with a decent condition 1987 Buick Grand National, asking $6,000. I checked KBB and it's worth $10,000 in its current condition. I've always loved the GN's (I love a turbocharged, reardrive car), and it's a collectors car. I also LOVE Busa's... which is where my dilema starts. If I'm approved, it's gonna have to be one or the other... What should I do?

*ahem* puts on flame proof clothing....

If the GN is in that good of a condition, I would have to go with the GN. I love them as well.

You already have a bike, yes not a Busa but still a bike.

If you end un not liking the GN, turn it and make a profit.

*ahem* puts on flame proof clothing....

If the GN is in that good of a condition, I would have to go with the GN. I love them as well.

You already have a bike, yes not a Busa but still a bike.

If you end un not liking the GN, turn it and make a profit.
that was my thought too...

get the grand national and put a for sale sign on it. Have your fun with it and put the profit up for your busa.

if you can get a loan for a car that's almost 20 years old... Might have trouble on that. Most loan companies I've dealt with start balking if a car is more than 10 years old.

Psst Id go with the GRAND NATIONAL because you can always pickup a BUSA later just my .02

One of my friends had a gn back in high school when they first came out, and it was impressive in it's day, but by today's standards, I'd pick a Busa every time. Just my opinion.

Boy you guys are assuming he can flip the grand national for a profit. I wasn't aware of them being such a hot commodity. Who knows. I vote for the busa, but go with your gut and what you want the most. But i wouldn't buy any vehicle thinking it will make me a profit because historically it just doesn't normally work out that way. They normally turn into money pits. smile.gif

GN all the way! Busa is dime-a-dozen now and will be dime-a-dozen 20 years from now...they will always be one for you to buy later.

GN is one of the most bad ass cars ever made and as long as you don't burn it to the ground it's going to go up in value every year. It's a killer toy AND and INVESTMENT.
Also, depending on your age you may also be able to get Hagerty Classic insurance on it which will cost next to nothing for coverage most people can only dream of.

Boy you guys are assuming he can flip the grand national for a profit. I wasn't aware of them being such a hot commodity. Who knows. I vote for the busa, but go with your gut and what you want the most. But i wouldn't buy any vehicle thinking it will make me a profit because historically it just doesn't normally work out that way. They normally turn into money pits. smile.gif
Yep wink.gif , what he  idea.gif SAID rock.gif

Guys,
Check NADA that is the true price guide.
It lists the value at 3800 to 5800 retail.( The price off a car lot)
Now do mileage adjustments.
I punched in 80 K and got a 725 add
A 1987 Buick is still a 1987 Buick ........
The Hayabusa is timeless.

How is this even a contest? By an old lesabre and a few rattle cans of black Rustoleum and voila Instant Grand national. Spend the rest on the Busa!

Better check with your lending institution before you get too exited Ben...

Most of them would rather loan on a fairly new bike than an old car.

Guys,
Check NADA that is the true price guide.
It lists the value at 3800 to 5800 retail.( The price off a car lot)
Now do mileage adjustments.
I punched in 80 K and got a 725 add
A 1987 Buick is still a 1987 Buick ........
The Hayabusa is timeless.
Check Kelley Blue Book. Under Regal (I think limited, not sure) 3.8 turbo. $10,000. Also, check ebay motors. One without engine or trans already has a bid of $2000+.

Better check with your lending institution before you get too exited Ben...

Most of them would rather loan on a fairly new bike than an old car.
yeah.. I'm waiting to hear back... Might not be able to get a loan at all. BUT... with this being a collectable, I'm hoping the bank would go for it.

If you have always wanted a GN, and a confirmed verification of it's value indicates that it is indeed a "good deal", and you can get a reasonable loan for it, and the insurance you get for it will provide "replacement value" for the vehicle ($10k vs 1K) then get the car. When your interest in the car begins to wain, or, it starts to become a money pit, then find someone to take it off of your hands and get an 2007 'Busa.

I have a friend that has an '87 GNX with zero miles on it (he's the original owner). He might be willing to sell it, but I think he would want a little more than $6K for it. tounge.gif

If you have always wanted a GN, and a confirmed verification of it's value indicates that it is indeed a "good deal", and you can get a reasonable loan for it, and the insurance you get for it will provide "replacement value" for the vehicle ($10k vs 1K) then get the car.  When your interest in the car begins to wain, or, it starts to become a money pit, then find someone to take it off of your hands and get an 2007 'Busa.

I have a friend that has an '87 GNX with zero miles on it (he's the original owner).  He might be willing to sell it, but I think he would want a little more than $6K for it.  tounge.gif
drooling3.gif GNX!!! drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back