Busa or gixxer 1k?

raditz5

Registered
Hi. Im curently riding a 01 TL1000R and lookin to upgrade to a more powerful bike. Busa or Gixxer 1k? I can't decide. How do they perform side by side? I like doin burn outs and wheelies is the busa hard to manage like that? It looks bulky. Help me decide!!!
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

If you are interested mainly in stunts, get the 1K. Expect effortless wheelies all day long straight out of the box.
wink.gif

I have had my busa for 3 years and clocked up 19k on it - then I tried the 1K - excellent to chuck about - have to whip the revs up compared to the busa - still dam quick - but the effort is less on the busa - it is very forgiving - the busa has a presence about it that sets it apart from the rest - I feel you are getting alot more for your money - and if you plan to take a pillion then the busa scores highly.
Scores 1K = 7/10, busa 11/10
Best thing you can is to take both out on the same day and compare yourself. No one can decide for you - hope that helps - good luck.
aktion033.gif

At 6'2", 210 lbs, I found the 1K a bit cramped for a normal riding position.....the Busa does me well. For "clowning" I think the 1K would be the ticket....and there are plenty of crashed ones to find parts from
baaa.gif

Both will do burnouts,both will wheelie,1k is a very focused road/race bike ,busa is just fu--in ace at everything,1 or 2 up.
aktion035.gif

The busa in my opinion is alot more comfortable than the gix1k. Good luck with what ever you get.

Yeah compared to your TL the 'Busa will feel thick. But from what I've heard and seen here, it does all the tricks the other bikes will do. It's a little more work in the twisties than the 1k.

They are both equally fast. the gixxer will get the busa by about a bike length in the quarter mile, but it all comes down to rider skill anyways

Here is why I picked the busa-

1) it's much more comfortable, the gixxer's are VERY cramped for me (6'4")
2) your passenger is much more comfortable on the busa, bigger seat, cushioned footpegs, butt-bar
3) the busa has a VERY distinct look. All gixxers, from the 600/750/1000 look exactly alike.
4) you get a clock and a gas guage
5) Busa hold their value MUCH better than gsxr's (if you keep it relatively stock)
6) The busa will walk that GSXR all day from about 50mph on
7) busa gets more respect, and MUCH more stares and looks from people

Mike

They are both equally fast. the gixxer will get the busa by about a bike length in the quarter mile, but it all comes down to rider skill anyways

Here is why I picked the busa-

1) it's much more comfortable, the gixxer's are VERY cramped for me (6'4")
2) your passenger is much more comfortable on the busa, bigger seat, cushioned footpegs, butt-bar
3) the busa has a VERY distinct look. All gixxers, from the 600/750/1000 look exactly alike.
4) you get a clock and a gas guage
5) Busa hold their value MUCH better than gsxr's (if you keep it relatively stock)
6) The busa will walk that GSXR all day from about 50mph on
7) busa gets more respect, and MUCH more stares and looks from people

Mike

The Busa isn't going to walk that 1K in the canyons. Maybe the straight line roads!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I am 6-3 220 and felt my GSXR 1000 was a little small so I got the Busa. Gear it down and the Busa is a wheelie machine if you want it to be. The 1000 is in a class by itself for stunts but the Busa is a little bit of everything especially if you are a big guy. I felt the 1000 was great in the corners but the Busa is not far behind, plus the extra hp is great for the straight-a-ways!! Never thought twice about trading up.

Back