Busa or Concours

(Micfitz @ Aug. 24 2007,16:14) After riding the FJR 1300 at Stardays last year, it kinda left my mind as an option.  Not even close to the Touring Busa I have.   As far as what I want?? I want the updated tech of a smooth engine and ease of operation.  the busa is "MUCH" smoother than my RS Warrior and as a tourer wins hands down.  Back to the Connie / Busa match,
Connie +1-- standard hard bags.. 08 busa nope
Connie +1--  gadgets and gizmos galore .. 08 busa updated dash but still anolog guages.. blaa
08 Busa +1 Engine Connie detuned with vtech, Busa beats it here, but not sure which one is smoother yet.  My current ride is buzzy to say the least
Connie +1--  Shaft... Busa... dirty chain.. hum  I have already replaced sprocket and chain on the 06

Tango has me jelous with a perfect mix of bikes.  Keep the 06, pick up the drag habit, and buy a Concours to stable next to it.  

D$mn this place is expensive.

Thanks, all
The Connie was not detuned...  The vtech only reduces the peak power by 18hp rated in Europe.  What it did do was widen the torque curve and give it a little less Peak HP than the ZX14.  This was done to give the Heavier Connie much greater ease to keep it in 6th and not have to downshift as much... Points towards touring and not racing.  The Connie in Europe is called the GTR1400.  If you Google that, you will find videos and all sorts of info they don't release here in the states.

Even I have been reading a bit about the new Concours. It does seem to be a pretty nice bike for touring. I absolutely would not sell my Busa though.... I'll read some more on this apparently wonderful machine and who knows.........
beerchug.gif

(Micfitz @ Aug. 23 2007,22:34) Need some opinions.  If all goes well I can get an upgrade by the end of the year.

Choices are either an 08 Busa or 08 Concours.

Pros and cons from the touring club.  I have never been to the track, but I do like to get to the speed limit as quick as possible.

This is my current ride.  06 bought 04/01/06  now has 22,000 miles on it.
It all depends ...if you want to do sporty sport touring get the busa. If you want to do comfy sport touring get the connie. So do you plan on doing canyons/track days/drag strips at all? any street racing? Then get the busa. If you plan on just long distance cruising and high speed blasts with some light cornering get the connie.

(Big E @ Aug. 24 2007,10:46)
(Tango1300 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:59) I have ridden quite a few miles on the Connie14 and can definitely say from 32000 miles of Busa experience in 13 months... the Connie is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden!

Its not as fast as a Busa... but it is not slower by much!  Given the right distance, it will rip through the landscape all the way to 170 before I ran out of proving grounds!!  

Smooth is redefined...  completely!  I've never ridden something so sweet and the shaft drive feels like a chain.  Not a bit of squat or lift.

Buy it... enjoy it and then put a turbo on the Busa!
Let me ask you.  How many miles did you put on the connie 14?  What were the air temps like?  Did you notice any heat given off the bike?  I am in the market myself for a connie.  I have heard the bike gives off a tremendous amount of heat from the motor.
I know the 14 is a real leg baker
wow.gif
Keep her moving...nothing to cook here
wink.gif

Tango, do you every have any issues with heat on the leg??  I know the FJR's are still cookers, but I hadn't heard about the Connies?

JIT, bagster rules in the tank bag / bra area, magnetic doesn't compare after you wrap your legs around a bagster.
Something lilke 225.00 for the combined bra/bag.  Rideaddict has it all. oh... what other tank "bra" not bag, lets you mount a 30 pack to it  
beerchug.gif

Capture_061.jpg

(Justyntym @ Aug. 27 2007,00:01) Hey, what kind of tank bra and bag is that...looks sharp
super.gif
bagster....the best $$$ can buy right now... so is the bag.
I have his exact setup....except that I just sold my Corbins.

That tank cover is very nice....I have washed the bike with it on....and didn't remove it for 4 months.....and the tank looks as good as new.. ;)

I am unsure if I could ever bring myself to buy a Kow ... but the Busa just isn't as much sport touring as I want...no matter how much $$ I spend.
The FJ suits my preferred riding position, if I am to take any 'extended trips' .... especially since the fixed the heat on the legs issue.

I just have to figure out how to have them both.
brave.gif

I'm new to the list, but I know that Chris Cimano just rode a Connie 14 in the Iron Butt Rally. I know that because I rode a GL1800 in the same rally. ;-) Chris will be writing an article for Motorcyclist (I think) about his ride, however I can report that when I saw him in Beatty, NV at 1:30 AM on day 8 (or was it 9?) he had sheep skins duct taped to the sides on the tank where his legs rested. I'm not saying the bike got hot...you draw your own conclusions.

I'm just looking at this point - wanting something a little more sporty than the Barcolounger GL - how is the heat on a 'busa?

(Big E @ Aug. 24 2007,10:46)
(Tango1300 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:59) I have ridden quite a few miles on the Connie14 and can definitely say from 32000 miles of Busa experience in 13 months... the Connie is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden!

Its not as fast as a Busa... but it is not slower by much!  Given the right distance, it will rip through the landscape all the way to 170 before I ran out of proving grounds!!  

Smooth is redefined...  completely!  I've never ridden something so sweet and the shaft drive feels like a chain.  Not a bit of squat or lift.

Buy it... enjoy it and then put a turbo on the Busa!
Let me ask you.  How many miles did you put on the connie 14?  What were the air temps like?  Did you notice any heat given off the bike?  I am in the market myself for a connie.  I have heard the bike gives off a tremendous amount of heat from the motor.
I know the 14 which the connies based on is a real leg baker  (sizzle)  
wow.gif

Sorry another repeat post....forgive me I'm getting old and senile
rolleyes_extreme.gif
crazy.gif
tounge.gif
I need to go buy a gixxer thou and relive my childhood.............

Back