Busa or Concours

Micfitz

Registered
Need some opinions.  If all goes well I can get an upgrade by the end of the year.

Choices are either an 08 Busa or 08 Concours.

Pros and cons from the touring club.  I have never been to the track, but I do like to get to the speed limit as quick as possible.

This is my current ride.  06 bought 04/01/06  now has 22,000 miles on it.

Capture_006.jpg

Sweet lookin ride. But for touring if your comfortable on a busa stick with it!
I dont think you will see the Corbin bags for an 08 any time soon though!

Concours is a nice bike we have 2 of them and they make good power about 150 rwhp. but since you have a busa get a 08
super.gif

I have ridden quite a few miles on the Connie14 and can definitely say from 32000 miles of Busa experience in 13 months... the Connie is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden!

Its not as fast as a Busa... but it is not slower by much! Given the right distance, it will rip through the landscape all the way to 170 before I ran out of proving grounds!!

Smooth is redefined... completely! I've never ridden something so sweet and the shaft drive feels like a chain. Not a bit of squat or lift.

Buy it... enjoy it and then put a turbo on the Busa!

i have a question since i liked it what kind of windscreen is on ur bike ? it looks like a touring windscreen but i cant tell since i just got my bike a week ago and want to make it a sport tourer , i also looked at the connie but i felt if i got a used busa and put 1 k into it i would save tons of money over a new connie just my thoughs .....by the way i love my busa and since u have a 06 all the bugs are worked out compared to the new connies
beerchug.gif

Shield is the following part number Sport Touring 23-133
Just make sure you put tape on the bottom edges or it vibrates.

Keep those opinions coming.

Trying to stay debt free, I should be able to cover the difference when I buy the new bike, but can't keep them both  
wow.gif

Tango, is the connie a handfull at low speeds, in town or no worries of getting tipped?

Thanks all.

Really, what do you NOT like about the Busa that your looking for on the Connie
rock.gif
? If it's two up with the addition of hard luggage, then go Connie. If your riding single and want the Busa Sport Look then go Busa. If you are mainly looking for LD touring with mainly cruising on the interstates, then go Connie. I think the Connie is probably (from what I've read and seen of the bike) going to be THE Sports Tourer to have ! But then your not going to get the performance aspect of a Busa . You've just got to decide what you want and how your going to use it. Closest comparison is when I went from my Ducati ST4s to the Busa. Different Bikes, but I use them for the same type of riding and the Busa is much more fun and enjoyable :::::::::: To me anyway  
beerchug.gif

Interesting question - one that I've been asking myself as well!

I would prefer a Zuk with the Busa engine on a bike really set up for touring, but I guess Suzuki just isn't going there.

Thanks Tango for the first hand update. Definitely makes me want to give it a close look. I'll try to rent one for a weekend first to see how it performs.

I would hate to give up the Busa though - hey, maybe 2 bikes for the stable?

(Tango1300 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:59) I have ridden quite a few miles on the Connie14 and can definitely say from 32000 miles of Busa experience in 13 months... the Connie is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden!

Its not as fast as a Busa... but it is not slower by much!  Given the right distance, it will rip through the landscape all the way to 170 before I ran out of proving grounds!!  

Smooth is redefined...  completely!  I've never ridden something so sweet and the shaft drive feels like a chain.  Not a bit of squat or lift.

Buy it... enjoy it and then put a turbo on the Busa!
Let me ask you. How many miles did you put on the connie 14? What were the air temps like? Did you notice any heat given off the bike? I am in the market myself for a connie. I have heard the bike gives off a tremendous amount of heat from the motor.

maybe i'm just "picky" but  last year i sold my  busa for an fjr 1300 ,   the fjr  "for me" was heavy,  buzzy , boring, buffeting and above 80deg. hot. it now has a new home . don't know about the connie, but i can't wait to get back on a busa.08 that is.

Tough to compare but there was a good point made early in this thread. The Corbin bags you have now, while not the ultimate set of saddle bags, will not be available for at least a short time for the 08. Which would mean soft bags/or fabricated mounts and real bags. So that alone would be a big decider. I had originally wanted to get a set of Corbin Bags but the fact that they were semi permanent mounted and the small capacity were enough to turn me off of them.

The new Busa may have to wait a few months before the tried and true Sport Touring mods (ST shields, seats, risers, Buell pegs etc.) we have now find there way onto a new one and prove out as they have on our Gen 1 Hayabusa's. The Connie is the type of Bike Suzuki needs to build! Suzuki is the only major Bike Manufacturer not making a dedicated SPORT Tourer! My personal wish list would be something more along the lines of the old ST4S Ducati formula with about 50 more HP. Long on "Sport" with just enough Touring Accoutrements to make it civil on the long haul. Except for the luggage that's sort of what I have now! I can't bring myself to buy a Kawi so Suzuki just needs to quit using the corporate check book as a Booster seat and build us a Kick Butt ST!
beerchug.gif

I put 150 miles on the Connie in one day across Houston, into the National Forest and beyond. All I wish I could have done was stretch it out somewhere like... Deal's Gap or somewhere, anywhere but around here in Texas!

I could never see getting rid of my Busa. I also have to take into consideration how many miles I have ridden and where. In Texas, finding tight twisties is a day journey from Houston. So, getting out on the road and being comfortable is a plus. If I lived in NC, Tenn, Ga or Virginia... I would probably just leave the Busa alone and ride her the way it goes.

The difference between the Busa and Connie in power is not a huge separated line for normal riding. Its only when I am "Going Ballistic Mav!!" that I see the huge difference in raw power. Everything else... the Connie wins hands down. Its not about Bags, shaft drive or the big electric windshield... its the incredibly SMOOTH application of power at anytime you want it with no vibration anywhere in the rev range... especially at 4600 rpm!! Its having the suspension settings right at your fingertips with knurled knobs so you can easily change the settings while you are riding. So you can jump off the interstate after cruising 300 miles and find the twisties without having to ever stop.

Its a great bike... its got a ton of power and its lighter by far compared to the BMW.

After riding the FJR 1300 at Stardays last year, it kinda left my mind as an option.  Not even close to the Touring Busa I have.   As far as what I want?? I want the updated tech of a smooth engine and ease of operation.  the busa is "MUCH" smoother than my RS Warrior and as a tourer wins hands down.  Back to the Connie / Busa match,
Connie +1-- standard hard bags.. 08 busa nope
Connie +1--  gadgets and gizmos galore .. 08 busa updated dash but still anolog guages.. blaa
08 Busa +1 Engine Connie detuned with vtech, Busa beats it here, but not sure which one is smoother yet.  My current ride is buzzy to say the least
Connie +1--  Shaft... Busa... dirty chain.. hum  I have already replaced sprocket and chain on the 06

Tango has me jelous with a perfect mix of bikes.  Keep the 06, pick up the drag habit, and buy a Concours to stable next to it.  

D$mn this place is expensive.

Thanks, all

I really like the new Concours, if I didn't have my Honda ST1300, I would have bought one instead---brilliant mile muncher

Back