busa oil problem

well as you live in Saudi you have plenty of oil so no problem.:laugh:

on a serious note when you did the oil and filter did you run the engine for a few seconds and then recheck the level ?

my 04 needed an oil seal in the water pump but that was just an ooze and not like oil loss you describing !!

have you looked at your plugs are thet oily ? are the exhaust's grey or oily at the cans outlet?

im more in favor of semi syth oil but that's not the reason your bikes losing oil.
i checked the level many times since the oil change,, it was ok,,
no sign of oil in exhaust tips,, i would notice oil residue in my boots and pants coz i got the those short exhaust tips off ebay,,
this eliminates internal engine issues,, right?

Aside from unexplained magical dissipating oil ... if a bike "burns" that much oil it will be noticeable. You will have an oil residue in the exhaust tip or on parts nearby the outlet. If an engine actually burns the oil, it will look like a diesel truck on an uphill. If it leaked that much oil, you would see puddles everywhere you park, and most likely you will the rear wheel spinning quite a bit on the tar. Yet you say you do not see any of these. Therefore the only logical explanation is that it does not use that much oil, that your calculations and/or measurements are wrong. Because magical disappearing oil does not exist.

Any and every engine that use oil as lubricant, will burn and evaporate some of it. It is normal. Up to 500ml per 10000km is still normal. I ride the crap out of my busa, and I do track days, drags, etc with it. It used 500ml over the last 12000km.

Aside from unexplained magical dissipating oil ... if a bike "burns" that much oil it will be noticeable. You will have an oil residue in the exhaust tip or on parts nearby the outlet. If an engine actually burns the oil, it will look like a diesel truck on an uphill. If it leaked that much oil, you would see puddles everywhere you park, and most likely you will the rear wheel spinning quite a bit on the tar. Yet you say you do not see any of these. Therefore the only logical explanation is that it does not use that much oil, that your calculations and/or measurements are wrong. Because magical disappearing oil does not exist.

Any and every engine that use oil as lubricant, will burn and evaporate some of it. It is normal. Up to 500ml per 10000km is still normal. I ride the crap out of my busa, and I do track days, drags, etc with it. It used 500ml over the last 12000km.

agree on the oil use just ask new blade owners as they use rather a lot of oil per 1000 miles and honda say its fine .

so if you keep an eye on the oil KJ you should be fine but check it more regularly as you live in a very hot place too

Back