Busa making weird sounds

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
can anyone help with this? I have a weird rattling sound on Decel and I cannot figure out if it is the actuator in the air box or if it is the cam chain tensioner going bad. Does anyone have any ideas on how to check these 2 items? the bike is an 03 with around 11,000 on the ODO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's the same sound mine makes two dealerships say its normal... Useally starts after the bikes warmed up a bit... sounds like its right in the airbox... 06 limited edition.. 3k miles...
all_coholic.gif

No, what you hear on your 06 LE is a factory screw up where they used main bearings that are not the correct size! I have 2 06 LE's with the same sound, and it is not the same sound as my brother in law's 02 Hayabusa. I have one in the shop that is being repaired as we speak and I had to bitch like we were all going to die tomorrow to get it done. The mechanic didn't know what was wrong but agreed that the noise is not normal, then yesterday he spilled the beans that there was a huge run of 06 LE's with incorrectly sized main bearings. Suzuki is not big on warranty repairs for this because according to them there have been no engine failures reported. If the rev's are below 3,200 rpm though I sound like a diesel truck coming down the road.

If you have the chance to compare your 06 LE with another Busa andn notice the sound is not the same you better call Suzuki USA now.

So no suggestions? I am at a loss here. I thought it might be the actuator in the air box but I disconnected it and the sounds does not change. I also listened the cam chain and cannot narrow it down to that either. I was wondering if the clutch basket or something in that area could be making the sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be the cam chain tensioner is just 'in between' adjustment teeth.

You can force it to 'adjust' itsself by loosening the two allen bolts holding the tensioner to the head. Loosen each bolt little-by-little and listen for a *click* of the adjuster. When you hear that, just tighten the allen bolts back down.

That's interesting, I thought about this but did not try it, I may try it this afternoon, any other suggestions?

Also I only hear the noise on Decel at or below 2500RPM in first and second gear. Can't tell if it does it in 3rd or not.

I have my 06 LE in for warranty repair now. They are saying it is the crank bearings. My bike had a horrible noise coming out of the engine along with a fairly strong vibration below 3500 rpm. Once above that speed everything was super smooth and the bike ran great. It wasn't worth it to take the chance that their wouldn't be a catastrophic failure later though, that is why I pushed so hard to get Suzuki to warranty it.

Sounds like the diaphragm valve chattering, and that all do it at grunt. Good Luck
all_coholic.gif

I can't help but I can join you with the same complaint. I have an 07 with 2100 miles on it and it does the same thing. I'll be taking it into the dealer this weekend to hopefully get some resolution.

Well I did like Omslaw said and loosened the CCT, I am not sure if ot made a pop noise or not but after tightening everything back up and then finding my kick stand plastic plate under my rear fairings the sound seems to have gone away.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I sure hope it was the damn plate instead of the CCT but no matter which it was the sound is gone.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Hope things work out for the rest of you, but from past experience with American Suzuki good luck. I honestly think you could get blood out of a turnip before you can get a damn thing from
guns.gif
guns.gif
American Suzuki.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

guns.gif

It was for my kick stand for hot days on new asphault. It had slid behind my rear fairings and I had thought I lost it a long time ago.

Back