Busa Magazine Articles

7th Gear

Registered
It seems to me like the cycle rags don't write articles on the Busa. Has this bike run it's course, and maybe needs a fresh design? All I see and read about is 600's and 1k's, and how they do against the "KING".

I think that until they doing something new with the Busa the mags aren't interested. They are only interested in the lastest and greatest. It's a shame, but that's the media.

lurk.gif

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118336585 -->

2 Wheel Tuner ususally has an article on a custom one. This month they have a Busa with a 360mm rear tire. Also, an article comparing a big bore busa to a big bore 12

sorry but old news is no news.. they are only interested in the latest and greatest...

Magazines are interested in the new things that come.. after all the readers also want to know about the newer bikes .. unless the busa goes through some radical changes it ain't gonna figure on the magazines..

This said.. the busa was hogging all the magazine space when it was launched!!

Just seen one in the latest issue of Sport Rider(June, 2005) , 701hp Busa
wow.gif

Whats there to write about a Stock busa
rock.gif
Its been the same for the past six years... pretty much every bit of information a guy wants about the busa can be got over the net!! I think it makes sense for the media not to write about it... cause there is nothing new to write.

...As far as covering modded busa's well... i think the media is doing a fair bit of coverage for the busa!!

Cycle world managed to piss me off. In their brief "follow" up test drive with the buell xb12 this month, the ass. (and I mean ASS) editor, said that he love being at red lights and showing a bunch of hayabusa dweebs what low end torque is all about. I don't have the mag in front of me now, but in essense that's what he said. A letter will be on the way to the mag from moi...

Cycle world managed to piss me off. In their brief "follow" up test drive with the buell xb12 this month, the ass. (and I mean ASS) editor, said that he love being at red lights and showing a bunch of hayabusa dweebs what low end torque is all about. I don't have the mag in front of me now, but in essense that's what he said. A letter will be on the way to the mag from moi...
Coming to think about it.. the BIKE Magazine UK had a small snippet about the busa in the previous issue!! They were claiming that the busa is more prone to highside cause of its heavier front... They did write something good about the power of the hayabusa in between the lines though
biggrin.gif

Yes, I saw that one, by John Burns too. He usually makes me laugh with his writing.

Oh well, he crashes a lot too
laugh.gif

You know, readers don't want to read about a 6 year old bike. The ZRX dosn't get any ink, or the ZX12. New sells magazines, and everyone wants to know how the new one works!

Everybody has ridden a Busa, or has a brother in law, or cousin or a friend of a friend, so they know ALL about it  
tounge.gif

Good for them, I say
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

No he said he liked showing Literbike riders what low end torque was about. The Busa bit was about how people at ad agencies like the looks of the Buell better.

And my thought was... and? WTF do I care what some schmuck at an ad agency thinks, especially considering most ads are crap.

He said he likes to beat GSX-Rs off the line and remind them what low end torque is (last I check the busa was one).

Back