Busa learned to fly today...literally!

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I broke up with my Girlfriend and today was the first day that I have had to ride totally by myself. Decided that I was gonna make my chicken strips smaller today so out after the twisties I went. My trip would involve 3 different roads and about 75 miles of twisties each way!

So I start out on my first road and come up on a little red car of some sort with the fat exhaust sticking out the back. I came up on him pretty quick as I came out of a corner and into a long straight. He sees me and picks up his speed to somewhere around 70. Knowing that he will be slowing me up in the corners, I drop two gears and swing out past him. I get around him easily and as I am about a mile down the road getting ready to start into a series of four real great turns, I see this guy in my mirror trying to keep up. So I thought, "He's gonna be dust and I am getting rid of these chicken strips here and now. First corner is a little sweeper to the left that I enter around 65 and come out of doing closer to 80. Glance into the mirror as I am setting up for a little tighter left corner and he is still there but a little further back. So the second turn is coming fast and I am hard on the front brake, barely touching the rear and dropping down three gears. Clutch is out smooth and I start to roll the throttle coming through the turn and as I get the bike straight am hard on the throttle and the front end comes up ever so slightly and into third gear I shift. Another glance into the mirror and he is further back but not as much as I expected him to be. Next turn is a hard right that typically has some loose gravel in it so I am always really easy on it but I am coming into it much faster then I am used to. Hard on the front brakes and just touching the rear as I down shift into second and oops, let the clutch out quick. Rear end does a jiggle for a second but recovers quickly. I start leaning to my right and looking for any signs of gravel and miss the little bit that is there. I twist the throttle hard as I came out and the front end starts up again. Did I mention that my heart is really racing now?

Last corner is another sweeper to the left followed by a decent straight away. My caution with the third turn has let this little red car get within a couple of car lengths to me so I roll the throttle harder in second gear and we hit redline and go to thrid as I am exiting it. Third starts to pull hard just as the bike is straight up again and just as I crest a hill that I had never gone over faster than about 70 and all of a sudden my tummy is feeling really funny and I am floating while the bike is screaming like she has just caught me with another women! These miliseconds will forever be frozen in my mind. Then the bike raises up and pounds the seat into my a$$ and catapults forward with a screach of tire rubber meeting asphalt. Into fourth I shift, glance into the mirrors to see daylight under the red cars wheels for just a second and then a shower of sparks as the daylight dissappears! Next thing I know, the red car is receeding in my rearview mirror and it dawns on me that I was just airbourne at well over 100 MPH!

I turned right on the next main road, went a few miles and then pulled into a gas station since I was shaking so much and figured I should'nt ride for a few moments. That scared the living cwap out of me folks. After about 10 minutes and a cold bottle of water, I proceeded with my ride and the rest of the day was pretty uneventful. The chicken strips are smaller but still there and I don't think I will be truying to make them anymore smaller then they are.

PS. I should not have riden like I did but the simple fact is that I did. I was wearing all of my gear and had I gone down, I would have needed it. I think the next time I try and push the bike like that, it will be on the track. I did not like having that cage chasing me.

sounds like fun.
bowdown.gif

Very cool writing!

Stay safe out there, though.

--Wag--

Glad all is well.

YOu should really consider a writing career
smile.gif

If you crash on the street or the track... your bike is still mincemeat!

The street is more of a rush because you know you could face leo's, cars, etc... LOL!

I've never been to a track and don't really care to unless I can take the bike to it's limit on a straightaway... and then not have to worry about the po-po!

Today I did 175 (indicated) in jeans and a short-sleeved Alabama Crimson Tide football jersey... and a helmet... no gloves... on the freeway... with cars... so you're not alone in the "stupid" department (in the eyes of many here). But I also saw an 06 LE with the rider wearing shorts and a tank top today... so I was more geared than him!

But when I rode to the liquor store tonight I wore my armored jacket and gloves... because back country roads at night scare the crap outta me!

I pulled my longest wheelie today, too! 3 seconds! YEEEE HAWWWW!!!!

---

Great story. I like reading people's riding stories! Thanks for sharing, Shan!

And don't apologize for the way you ride/rode.... because many people here probably do far worse than they'll admit to. I respect anybody that will just spit it out and say what they did!

Kudos, sir!

Anyone that hasn't riden in jeans and a t-shirt hasn't ridden very long

(frisbee @ Sep. 17 2006,00:29) Anyone that hasn't riden in jeans and a t-shirt hasn't ridden very long
I'm wondering if that's really what you meant to say....

glad u made it out unscathed from that trip man-Im guessin you learned your own lesson there and wont be repeating that type of riding...be careful out there and keep both wheels on the ground!

(Shanling @ Sep. 16 2006,19
super.gif
) I think the next time I try and push the bike like that, it will be on the track. I did not like having that cage chasing me.
No no NO! you did nothing at all wrong imo. While you obviously should hit the track yes by all means you should know how to go through some of your favorite roads fairly fast in case you have to deal with some moronic cager (ahem, like today?). If theres a cage in front of you next time approaching your favorite curves and it's possible then slow down or pull off and let him go before playing. But yes i do insist every rider should know how to use their machines ability on some of their routes just in case. Better to be naughty then a victim.

But if anything you'll love a good trackday. Busa's are more agile then most are willing to admit.

And if anything you can call this a true "kill" since the ricer sounds like he busted some parts after that jump. Too bad so sad but perhaps he'll leave bikes alone next time.
beerchug.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 16 2006,22:20) Today I did 175 (indicated) in jeans and a short-sleeved Alabama Crimson Tide football jersey... and a helmet... no gloves... on the freeway... with cars... so you're not alone in the "stupid" department (in the eyes of many here).
I will refrain my squid comments since you were wearing appropriate replacement gear. By wearing the Alabama Jersey, you are being protected by linemen past. Don't worry, the Dline won't let you down! ROOOOLLLL TIIIDDDE ROOOLLL!!!

Thanks guys for not flaming me. I remember after I wrote that thinking to my self as the mouse was hovering over the button to place the post, "Here goes nothing". I don't know if anything happened to that little red car when it came down and didn't go back to check. Perhaps I should have but I didn't. He kind of pissed me off by trying to keep up with me. I kept thinking that if I went down, he would run over me. Either the dude could drive or I am not that good on the bike. I want to think he was a good driver...
wow.gif
kickass.gif

I will go back and try and get a picture of the hill that I came over and went airbourne. I used to think that the saying "Keep both wheels on the ground" related to not doing wheelies but it has a new meaning now to me!

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 16 2006,22:20) The street is more of a rush because you know you could face leo's, cars, etc... LOL!

Today I did 175 (indicated) in jeans and a short-sleeved Alabama Crimson Tide football jersey... and a helmet... no gloves... on the freeway... with cars... so you're not alone in the "stupid" department (in the eyes of many here).
You get ONE F*CKUP!

Only ONE!

ok i need a cigarette, and i dont even smoke. a cigarette or a napkin
laugh.gif
dude i was there... I WAS THERE!

great writing!

Back