Busa learned to fly today...literally!

that's freaking cool, nice writing.
egitarre77.gif

(GSXcite @ Sep. 18 2006,17:34) You went airborne  on that hill at 100 mph approaching a 30 mph corner. Did you check the chicken strips in your shorts after that? LOL
biggrin.gif
I'd have been more worried about those driveways. "Oh look, a miniv..."

Nonetheless, I've done stupid shid too, so I can't talk...

You were riding from the heart! Nice job!

Its when you push and your mind isnt right that you make a mistake.

I do not agree with street riding like this, but I'm glad you got it out.
super.gif

(GSXcite @ Sep. 18 2006,17:34) You went airborne  on that hill at 100 mph approaching a 30 mph corner. Did you check the chicken strips in your shorts after that? LOL
biggrin.gif
No the picture is looking back on the hill. I came out of the 30 mph corner and the road straightens out and then you hit the hill. I am guessing that you have 100 yards of straight road before the hill. If I had been in that picture, I would have been coming towards the camera. Make sense?

Shanling, I also enjoyed your post.

There's a place on route 926 in PA that has a quick rise but a far steeper drop and the road towards the bottom is carved by the bottoming of many cagers going too fast. At a steady 60 MPH, you become completely weightless as you come over the peak and it's really a hoot!

However, the one day, I didn't realize I was doing about 70ish MPH and that gives both tires air time, and while I use to enjoy that as a fearless invincible of my youth, I now kind of cringe when both wheels are off the ground, especially on something as heavy as my Hayabusa. Doing it on my old 350 Enduro was one thing; doing on this heavy street bike is another story.

It wasn't exactly major airtime, but it's one of those hills that exponentially yields airtime due to its sharp drop. I landed closer to the bottom, but was fortunately still on the very last portion of the down slope, which cushioned the landing. Whew!!!

Note to self: No faster than 60 MPH for this hill or change of underwear may need deployment.
laugh.gif

(frisbee @ Sep. 16 2006,23:29) Anyone that hasn't riden in jeans and a t-shirt hasn't ridden very long
Maybe I'm just anal, but I have never ridden without gear, I've been riding for 10 years, and have well over 11,000 miles on my 05'.

Once you get used to wearing it, you just can't live without it. Litterally.

The more I think back on it...the luckier I feel I was. I won't be trying to jump that hill again! And as I have said, I was wearing my gear.

Had mine airborn also,,,,,Girl blew passed me in a cage and I wasn't going to have that.....So I went super sonic and blew over a hump at an intersection
SHOCKED.gif
....she probably had some stains on her windshield,,,I slowed down after that to get my heart started again .

Anyone that hasn't riden in jeans and a t-shirt hasn't ridden very long
[/Quote]

24 years on the street, and I always wear my gear.  You're only as protected as what you wear.  My motto for the road," Everyone else is an a**hole!".  You can't control someone else's stupidity, and anything can happen at any time.
wink.gif

Back