Busa insurance

MJ13

Registered
I have been wanting a Busa since they first came out, and I finally have the money aside to get one. At least until I quoted insurance for it.
the lowest level of insurance you can get quoted me 350, when i added comprehensive and theft to it, it shot to over 3000 bucks.
Is this because I am 21, because I'm a beginner, or are they screwing everyone?
I also have a clean driving record...

the Busa is listed as 2 bikes
I believe GSX1300R & the Hayabusa

friend of mine is an agent
can't remember which 1, she said is cheaper
but the cc's raise it
also the theft factor
plus its a sportbike
& young people aren't wreckin, gettin cited, or dyin on cruisers, so up the ante-so to speak

quick tidbit
mine has too much $$ in it
about as much as a custom Harley
but the Harley is cheaper on insurance

the Busa is listed as 2 bikes
I believe GSX1300R & the Hayabusa

friend of mine is an agent
can't remember which 1, she said is cheaper
but the cc's raise it
also the theft factor
plus its a sportbike
& young people aren't wreckin, gettin cited, or dyin on cruisers, so up the ante-so to speak

quick tidbit
mine has too much $$ in it
about as much as a custom Harley
but the Harley is cheaper on insurance
u need 2 hit her up and see which it is thats cheaper!!! but yea, when they asked me which 1 mine is, i put GSX1300R, figured it wouldnt be as bad as the full NAME of the bike

Any insurance company that goes by name, will already have the other moniker in their computer. If you say GSX1300R, and they put that in, it comes up "GSX1300R Hayabusa".

Works the same with my Ninja. Tried to say EX250, it came up as Ninja.

And I got quoted an amount close to that for insurance on a Busa, 21 with 3 tickets.

My quote at age 57 was $1473.00. Perfect record. I decided to pay cash and just carry the required limits albiet max amounts of 100/300. $458.00 a year.

Several insurance companies won't touch the Busa. One agent told me the average life of the Busa is one year before they are wrecked. Could include theft however I really don't know. Shop around and good luck.

Remember..we pay for all the idiots out there. Remember the big push by insurance companies for mandatory insurance? Didn't change a friggin thing but cost you and me more. People still drive without insurance.

Also figure in the stunt friggin clowns that give everyone a bad rap.

hogger...

I get mine through state farm and it's right at 380/year full coverage. It's most likely your lack of motorcycle experience... age... AND you get a break if you've taken the MSF course.

Yep, State Farm is the way to go. My insurance only went up $20.00 from what I was paying with my 750. SC goes by the engine size.

In your age brackett insurance can be quit high...hogger is right about some insurance company's not wanting to touch our bike...I really had to shop around some and I am 43...God, did I just say that, well, anyhow get some more quotes and don't be shocked if ya hear a couple grand a year..and ya, take the msf course...
smile.gif

the good thing is i do plan on taking an msf course because i thought it would help.
And don't worry about me raising your rates, i baby everything i own.

I'm 36 this year, been MC licensed since I was 18. Had one speeding ticket last year, before that was Nov. 14th 1988. In MA $666 for full coverage with passenger...

state farm also gives big discounts for having multiple policies with them ie house, renters, cars, and life.
smile.gif

well... I'm 22. I pay 1500 (I think, I kinda forgot...
blush.gif
) a year.

Oh yeah, no busa yet.
tounge.gif
just got a CBR900RR. Hopefully, the loan will come through next week and I'll have a busa SOON!

State Farm with 1000 deduct. $336 a year.
I you stunt, get it some where else. I like my rate where it's at.

Yes most of youse can ride only about 6months a year so they give you a break. I checked with a Motorcycle Co. no tickets good driver on license. and they Quoted..$2650. What...

State Farm with 1000 deduct. $336 a year.
I you stunt, get it some where else. I like my rate where it's at.
State Farm with 1000 deduct. $336 a year.[/QUOTE]

And it gets better as time goes by...mine dropped to $300 even this year!

I you stunt, get it some where else. I like my rate where it's at.[/QUOTE]

+1
That's what I like about SF, they find ways to exclude kids and squids. To get the really low coverage on the Busa they insured one of my cars and my house. Those rates are reasonable too so it's a win win situation.
Another company that insures my classic cars and 2 CXT motorcycles won't touch someone who has a licensed driver under the age of 25 living in the household! You wouldn't believe how cheap they are and the added perks are like being in an exclusive club.

Driving record, age, gender, and zip code are the biggest factors. And zip code is a biggie.

Back