busa in uk

essex_joe

Registered
thinking about a busa as mileage eating machine, im 30 years old live in the uk and looking at a bike around £3000-£5000, but not sure on how much it might be to insure.
any help greatly welcome
bowdown.gif

Maybe call your insurance company and ask for a quote.

(essex_joe @ May 29 2007,12:46) thinking about a busa as mileage eating machine, im 30 years old live in the uk and looking at a bike around £3000-£5000, but not sure on how much it might be to insure.
any help greatly welcome
bowdown.gif
I lived in Bury St Edmonds in Suffolk, England for 4 years. Not sure if I trust my bike on those roads, didn't see very many sportbikes there. But insurance there usually goes by the size of the engine...gonna be expensive, unless you have a good history with the insurance company. Good luck!

(Cblast @ May 29 2007,12:54) Maybe call your insurance company and ask for a quote.
rock.gif

never thought of that
biggrin.gif

just thought you guys might have a idea so i would know if i was being over quoted or not.

just needing to know how much more i have to save
beerchug.gif

The rates vary here in the States from $300 a year for full to $3000 a year for full.

Just shop around if that is possible.
beerchug.gif

I don't know how your rates are based over there. Here, some companies base the rate on Your Age, Years with Company, How much you have insured with Company, Accident Rate ,Years Riding and Cost of Bike (which is what mine is based on) . Others, I have NOT the foggest Idea because they make NO SENCE to me. The range is just so great that it seems some companies over here just don't want to insure a Bike no matter what type, or what age and experience and record you have . Just makes no sence
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Hi essex_joe, just renewed by insurance, 365 fully comp, but then I am old git and have been riding bikes since 79  
beerchug.gif

cheers del boy, been riding for 13 years on and off, but not ridden for 2 years since having company car with all full payed for, but new job role with different car means dont get fuel card anymore so wanting to get a bike on he road again, and always loved the look and size of the busa, so see this a chance to get one,,  
beerchug.gif

like look of this site but do you know any ot forums in uk as well,, can see me going on many rideouts with US guys and gals if i do get one
wink.gif
, busa might not work if try riding over and the water is very deep

Im fully comp with H+R insurance cost £530.00 Im 30 with 10 years riding and 6yrs ncb.. Insurance aint the cost its putting damn tires on every 1500 mile thats the killer.

busa_2_mod.jpg

hi ive just insured mine a new le o7 got it for £220 fully comp 9 years no claims i couldnt believe it thought it would have been 500 plus but then the insurance guy said no its ridden by old men mostly!!
regards
an old man(45)
rant.gif

Back