busa hesitates

gkk

Registered
guys,
I have a 99' busa ( completely stock) , whenever my gas level falls below half and if i try to accelerate ( like from a stop sign ) , bike hesitates a lot ( someties shuts down) .
It happens usually in 1st and 2nd gear when I roll on the gas.
I took it to a dyno and it is putting out only 135HP
sad.gif

I read the post about busa missing in low rpms . Mine I think happens above 5000 rpm

any suggestions as of whats going on here ..
thanks guys

like 05busale said... clogged fuel filter could be it or a combo of filter and pump or just the pump going out. I'd put my money on the pump though...

I'd try the air and fuel filter and see. Do you have maintenance records
rock.gif
While you got it down for that I'd throw some plugs in it.
beerchug.gif

Not a wizz but I think something on the fuel air end occurs at 5K. Might be thinking of the wrong bike.

i think you have an awnser ! goldenchild can hook you up with a pump assy

couple other things i would do
pull the plugs check condition and note which cylinders they came from
do a compresion test on all four cylinders and make sure they are all within 25% of each other compare your compresion results to spark plug condition

i think it is a fuel pump/filter problem but check the other stuff also

a dyno tuner should have given you some idea as to whats wrong ?

of course its a fuel pump problem.as the gas level drops lower than its position
then the gravity stops helping it.so ride your bike only with full tank till the middle or replace pump

it was clogged filter and one of the injectors was bad too. my friend had a spare injector, put that on , replaced the filter and it is making 150hp and 92 ft-lb torque ( bike is stock ) on the dyno..

thanks again guys for all the input
beerchug.gif

(gkk @ Mar. 03 2007,10:32) it was clogged filter and one of the injectors was bad too. my friend had a spare injector,  put that on , replaced the filter and it is making 150hp and 92 ft-lb torque ( bike is stock ) on the dyno..

thanks again guys for all the input  
beerchug.gif
glad to hear that your back on the road!!!
cool.gif

04 busa spuders around 6grand has new plug cleaned injectors, 43psi. presure on fuel any ideas?
rock.gif
thanks

04 busa spudders around 6 grand . put in new plugs cleaned injectors, has 43psi. of fuel pres. also fresh fuel. ran fine wen put up early fall. now has no power when ya give it the gas !!! any help would be thankful..

Back