busa haters!!!!

joncook06

Registered
OK first of all i love my busa and i love this site. But my wife hates this site due to fact that i get ideas and then spend money on them, or because i find a great deal on here that i can't live without. I've also read other guys comments on how their wife is going to hate so and so because he's selling something that her husband must have. Is there any way that we could start a new forum for wives of busa owners where they could vent with each other and maybe we wouldn't have to hear it?:please::please::please:

already a ladies lair.... perhaps a good slap on the a$$ could help her..
Or you can just get her involved in motorcycling. My wife sorta did the same thing with the time/money i was spending until she got her own bike and caught the mod bug and now she knows what its about.

get her involved....something you guys can do together.:thumbsup:

good point, she goes on rides with me, but is too scared to ride on her own, not that i would teach her on a busa, maybe i'll pick up a used 600 this winter when prices are low.

I think i speak for alot o people here when i say that a 600 (i.e, CBR,GSXR,ZXR,YZFR) is TOO MUCH for a first rider.
Look for something like a Katana(i know its 600cc but its not race). My ol lady got her self one and that thing is fun to whip around. Very forgiving for fisrt timers. It is a heavier bike but its not gonna jump out and bite you in the but. Plus when shes ready to upgrade ill have something for a daily rider to keep the extra miles on my bus.:thumbsup:
Just let her ease into it and it'll be years of fun for you guys. I think one of the members said it right in another post...... An introduction to motorcycling to your wife should get the same introduction into rear sex. Slow....and take your time......It can be fun.........:corner: I know, i know..

My wife started riding , went through the motorcycle course and bought a used R6. This to me was a great beginers bike as it does not make any real power til around 9000rpm or so. She has gained alot of confidence riding that bike and I can't get her off of it now. Get her riding and get her a bike she is comfortable and confident on. Life is short, have fun together. Her smile says it all.

. 001small.JPG

Just let her ease into it and it'll be years of fun for you guys. I think one of the members said it right in another post...... An introduction to motorcycling to your wife should get the same introduction into rear sex. Slow....and take your time......It can be fun.........:corner: I know, i know..

:rofl::rofl:

get her involved....something you guys can do together.:thumbsup:[/quote]

I agree, get her involved, go to some events, she will meet new friends.......then it will take care of itself.

The Busa is the instrument to get great people together.

:thumbsup:

Yup, wives that ride are chics that ride, and chics that ride are hot! Sorry. Seriously, if she like riding two up with you then all is not lost. She may or may not want her own bike in the future, but as Steve suggested, you guys need to make a meet and greet. This was one of our first rides together.

Juli's first ride 008.jpg

I must be really lucky to have a very supportive wife. First of all, she was not against when I told her I wanted to start riding almost 3 years ago. When I took the MSF class, she even came with me on the last day and cheered for me. She even buys me gears for my b-days and Christmas. When I can't go out for a few days, she tells me that I should go out so I can relax. The thing is, I'm the same way with her. I'm very supportive too. I feel sorry for one of my friends. His wife won't even let him near a bike. I think it's wrong. The way I see it, it's just like the song, "If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free". Also, we only live once. That's what I always tell my wife. As long as we can afford it, we go for it.

Last edited:
WoW! That's all I can say to some of the comments here.

I like to say that I am for the most part 98% supportive of hubby's Busa habit. Although I want him to buy me the 2008 Blue Busa for me (It is so pretty). When he said NO, I even put in a counter offer of buying him an 08 Busa and giving me his 05 LE. I was again told No that I wouldn't get to swing my leg over a Busa until I learned to ride a Ninja 250...hee hee hee. I LOVE to ride two up and I do want my own bike. With that said I want my own bike with no payment! Student loan payments suck and I don't want anymore payments!
The only time I get cranky about him riding is when I want to go to but can't due to childcare issues. The money issue is pretty much understood. If there isn't any, we don't spend it. If there is money than he gets mods and I get purses or shoes. :) :)
As far as the website well we have learned to share. I do like to spend my time on the org as well. Now he uses his work laptop more so we are both online at the same time. You just have to get creative and make things work. :)

I am a "busa widow" too. My husband works very hard and is stressed out most days. Riding his busa and modding it brings great enjoyment to him. Who am I to tell him he can't do it. He deserves to have a hobby that he finds exciting and fulfilling. I would rather he have an "affair" with the busa than say another woman. :whistle:

WE love going to M&Gs. They are about fellowship with other riders. You soon find out you have lots more in common than just riding a motorcycle. I met several wives who, like me, don't ride. I do hope to change that in the future, but that is another story.

We just got back from Miller Motorsports Track in UT. We trailered out, had a great trip, met some more org members from the West coast. Fabulous group of guys and gal. Hubby was on the track for 3 days, I ran around taking photos and videos. It was great.

Just tell her, she is not allowed to "hate" your busa or this site until she has met some of the members. I guarantee she will fall in love with this site and it's members!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Now the truth- My little italian nut job would cut my throat starting at my a$$ if I said that. She's the best. 8 bikes in the garage and she just rolls her eyes when I bring another one home.

lol i look at it like this, like others have stated life is short. Im afraid i know that all to well with mike having cancer. Live everyday to the fullest and let the one you love live it to the fullest as well, dont try to hold them down under your thumb.If you can afford it and its not going to take food out of your familys mouth then go for it,the smile that you see on his or her face makes it so worth it , at least it does to me

Back