Busa Harness Swap Help! Pics.

Lucid

Registered
'99 Bike, swapped with 06 ECU and Harness. Everything runs fine, but the front lights are all messed up. Right now only the front right light is on, and it is constant. No button pressing will do anything to the lights.

I researched and found that I needed a new left hand switch, as the 99 didn't have a pass light. So I got one and it still doesn't work. So I'm going to try to repin this one to make it work, if possible.

After much research, this is what I think all the wires are. I could easily be wrong:
DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

Here is a thread showing the wiring diagrams:
Wiring Diagrams COLOR: X,Y,K1,K2,K3,K4 Models.

But I'm pretty much lost. I tried tracing the headlight wires from each connector as a start, and repining them together, but still got nothing.

Anyone know how I could rewire/repin this and make it work?!

Let me dig around; I had rewired my switch and harness for addition of the flash and hazards - I posted a play by play somewhere here...

*For future search reference*
Got everything working properly a couple weeks ago! It was easy once I found that the RIGHT needs to be changed and not the left. The right side has a hazard control on the newer bike that my controls ('99) didn't have.
In case anyone needs this in the future:

Remove Lt. G, Lt. Bl, and Blk wires on the harness side. They aren't used.

No changes on these:
Y/G to Y/G (Start switch)
O/W to O/W (Start switch)
O/Blk to O/Blk (Stop switch)

Repin:
O/R to O (Ignition to fuse box and other places)
Blk/Bl to O/G (brake switch)
R/B to W/B (Brake switch)
One other I have written down outside. I think it's O/R to Y/W

One loop gets removed on the switch side of the connector. O/Blue I think.

Pretty dang happy! Wired up my fuel level gauge today too. (connectors are different)

In case anyone needs, the 1999 to 2006 (or others) swap fuel gauge info:
Brown connector:
Y/B to B/G
B/W to B/W (there are two, pick one)

The other two wires on the brown connector are 12v (forget the color) and ground (b/w) to power the pump.

Thanks so much for posting this I am putting an 03 engine and ecu on a 2000 rolling chassis and controls, with an 07 wiring harness and it is doing the exact same thing. the right turn signals are staying lit, and no headlight when turn on key, when I turn on the left turn signal the headlight flashes with the left turnsignal..... any more suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance.

Back