busa / gsxr 1000 exhaust?

freponyryd

Registered
Maybe one of you out there know if the inlet hole on the gsxr 1000 stock exhaust is the same size as the inlet on the busa?

I really liked the idea of the shortened stock exhaust but that guy hasn't shared the how to's yet and I'm just kicking around ideas.

Are you thinking the cans on a 1000 are about the same length as his cut downs that look awesome
rock.gif
idea3.gif
I think I see what you are thinking and you just might be onto something there... If that is the case and the inlets are the same, you could probably pick up stock cans from someone pretty easy...
cool.gif

yeah, I'm hopeing maybe I can just bolt them up and go, but if I need to move the bracket I have enough high temp black powder to cover both cans. I'm going to talk to the guy at the dealership today and see if he may have a "take off" set lying around I can do some test fitting with.

its funny I just posted to the other guys post that said he cut them and I thought they looked like my buddies size can's. No pun intended. until we here a answer I am thinking that is what he did.

good idea... i take my busa in for the ignition recall work next thurs and i will ask the mechanic to take a look and let me know if no one figures it out by then

just taking a quick comparative look the shorty's the guy modded are not the 1000 stock cans... different end cap and heat shield.

I have called all of the stealership's in ramge and noone has any take off's. I even went to bike night at hooters and only two 07 1000's and both were bought with the aftermarket scorpions. I'm going to keep trying, but if one of you get an answer please let me know because my loving wife said I can't just go buy some to try it out.

I agree, If the stock ones were just a little shorter for goodness sakes. I guess we have the EPA to thank for that though.

Back