Busa good for taller riders?

legbuh

Registered
I'm looking at picking up a busa here soon. The only problem is I haven't been able to sit on one yet...

I'm 6'3" 220lbs. My previous bikes were Honda Nighthawk, then a Yami FJ1200, then a Yami FZ1.

They all fit me well. I looked at the Blackbird a couple years ago but my knees didn't "fit" well in the tank depressions, so I ruled that out.

I'm trying to find one closer here to sit on.. but I'd love to hear from the taller riders (6'2" or taller) on how they like the Busa and maybe previous bikes and comparisons with comfort.

Thanks!

6'6", about 270, comfort is fine. People say I look funny on it, but that don't bother me......

I'm also 6'3" 220. I put Heli Bars and a Corbin saddle on the Busa to make it fit "right". The stock seat HAD to go. The bars weren't needed, but helped. I'm comfy now!

6'7" 300lbs. I ride comfortably on it. After about 200 miles though I have to get off and stretch the legs. I will be doing the buell footpeg mod when I get my new one.

Same size as you and the Busa is quite comfy. You'll enjoy it!

6'4" 250#. Comfy bike. I agree, you have to replace the seat. I went with a Corbin, but others have liked the tobin. I think the suzuki factory "gel" seat is worthless, but a little better than the stock seat.

Chris

6' 4" 225. I commute 100 miles a day and have no comfort problems.

Ok, a short guy here at 6' and 220, but the bike is comfortable. Have had taller riders 6"2" and 6"1" ride the bike and say they liked the ergonomics of it.

6'3 195# I have the stock seat on it and it is very comfortable. But for rides longer then 100 miles I would probably go for a corbin seat.

I have ridden the 2004 R1 and it feels very uncomfortable. My nuts kept hitting the gas tank.

You will definitly love the busa.

6'10", 350+lbs, I've ridden a Busa, It was the most comfortable bike I've ridden, I love it.

6'5", 220lbs, I bought the Busa, because of the comfort. It's hard to find a bike for us taller riders.

I love it!! I just got it yesterday, I love it!

Did i mention, I Love It!!

Damn!!! What bunch of big dudes in here! Sheesh! I feel like a midget at 6'3" and only 175#. Where do you guys sleep, anyway? Yeah, I hear ya, any damn place you want to!!
Anyways......I have long arms and the ride ergos are perfect for me. I can stay in the saddle as long as the tank has gas, no problems!

I'm the same size as MrGxr 6'0" 225lbs. but I have large chest.
My upper bodyweight made me put 1" risers on my handlebars.
Way better on the weasts and the riding possition and feel is better for me.
Now I can ride all day
biggrin.gif

Okay I'll take the shortest spot at 5'-11.5" but I bet I'm the roundest at 235# there's plenty of room to move around so you should be quite comfy, definately consider the buell pegs to lower your knees abit, but you may want to wait on the bar risers unless your back give you fits.

I'm 6'3 280# and on a different note, i bought my Busa cause it was the bike i wanted. The comfort was an added bonus. I have a Corbin, TL1000R footpegs, lowered in the rear(using the middle hole on the bones) and a good set of gel grips. A set of Genmar risers are on the list. A cheap way to make the Busa more comfortable is to lower the rear and add a set of gel grips, as the stockers are hard as a rock.

Back