Busa goes 214.7mph on the salt flats

I saw part of that too. He had a big bore kit on the bike too. 1650cc motor with a turbo. He claimed 450hp at the rear wheel.

Did not see that program....Just rode my semi stock Busa to Home Depot yesterday..carrying 3 gallons of paint in my saddle bags produced a very very good feeling..What a bike the Mighty Busa is...
smiley10.gif

Saw it on discovery too. It was a pretty good show. Very nice looking 20 something babe (from Indianapolis) went 130mph on a 175cc bike. It was called "something about Women and breaking speed records on the Bonneville Salt Flats in UT". Sorry, too early sunday morning to recall exact name.

The Turbo Busa (Blue/Silver...sigh) broke the previous record by more than 60mph. Great PR for the Busa. This one looked fairly stock too which is not common for world record breaking machines. He got the world record and a hat that only people who have gone 200mph there get. I don't think he got any dough, but hey - having a world record - what more do you need? The show had to be taped in the last year or two, because I read in a mag that Don Vesco had died sometime last year or early this year.

Can someone tell me the name of that program that showed that on Discovery? I'd love to get the tape of it.

Indy Dave,

Her name was Belen Wagner. She hold over 20 records out there on 100cc and 175cc bikes. The 175cc record she attained on the show was with a bike of only 135cc and she went 137 mph one way. Pretty outstanding.

And friend Don Vesco passed away in December of 2002.

WWJD,

The name of the show was Motorcycle Lightning.

This is a bit of the story that ran on DRAGBIKE.com. John used a NLR system on the bike. I have yet to see the Discovery program, but would love to see it. John told me the most unsettling part of the ride was the swingarm felt like it would pivot left and right not up and down. John is the m/c rep. @ JE Pistons.

On October 20th 2002 John Noonan set the world land speed record in the 1,650cc MPS-BF (Modified Partial Streamlined) class during the annual Bonneville World Finals. The Top speed reached on his 2000 Suzuki Turbo Charged Hayabusa Street bike was an amazing 246.392 miles per hour!

The average speed in the 4th mile was a new record @ 242.888 miles per hour! This top speed record is the fastest in any of the open wheeled motorcycle classes to date at the Bonneville salt flats located in Wendover Utah. All of this was done on OEM street tires, OEM factory bodywork, engine fitted with JE Custom made turbo pistons, stock chassis other than a PBP reinforced swing arm.

Indy Dave,

Her name was Belen Wagner. She hold over 20 records out there on 100cc and 175cc bikes. The 175cc record she attained on the show was with a bike of only 135cc and she went 137 mph one way. Pretty outstanding.

And friend Don Vesco passed away in December of 2002.
Thanks for the info Landracer,

That Belen was something else. I also noticed that there was an "in memory" mention of what I though was her mothers name. She appeared to also be a record holder in the show. Tried to find out what happened on the web, but could find nothing.

I read that article on Don Vesco in Motorcyclist. The good always seem to go too early. God Bless.

Back