Busa Gixxer 1k CBR954

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
It all started with talk the Busa is king right? Well yes and no..three bikes;  
    '03 Busa Full race yosh, PC usb, custom map, 169rwhp.
    '03 Gixxer 1k Arrow full exhaust, 750 short stacks, Pc usb, custom map, 163rwhp.
     '02 cbr 954 full Micron race, PC usb, custom map, geared 1 tooth dwn, 145rwhp.
     All riders weigh about the same,and we all have about the same riding abilities.
     Three roll ons 1 in 6th gear, 1 in 2nd, and the last race in 3rd gear.
     All 3 races from low rpm's not sure what rpm's but they were low.
     Anyhow got smoked all three races not beat but smoked!
The gixxer beat me by semi truck lengths, and the cbr beat me but not real bad. By time I started realing them in we were at speeds well over 150mph, race over by then.
     They would not race from a dead stop, as both riders agree the Busa would prevail..
     The rest of the night was spent causual riding enjoying the night.
     Just thought I let you fellow Busa riders out there know the liter bikes run and run hard, Watch your back cause one might pass when you least expect it..
     BTW I'm no rookie rider bin ridin for years, done lots of racing including short track, and lots of drag strip time I know what I'm doing when it comes to racing as well as my buddies do also..

race.gif

I'm not sure very low speeds mabie 30 or 40 tops and beleave you me I was and still am flabbergasted
wow.gif
mad.gif

The 6th gear role didn't surprise me but you should have prevailed in the rest of the gears.

The BUSA is geared for higher top end so the shorter geared, lighter, bikes will be in the power band sooner and the lower RPM's will benefit them more.

As far as 2nd & 3rd gear, you should have cleaned house!  Some one wasn't in the right gear or something?
rock.gif

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089167147 -->

The 6th gear role didn't surprise me but you should have prevailed in the rest of the gears.

The BUSA is geared for higher top end so the shorter geared, lighter, bikes will be in the power band sooner and the lower RPM's will benefit them more.

As far as 2nd & 3rd gear, you should have cleaned house!  Some one wasn't in the right gear or something?
rock.gif

Josh
blues.gif
Thats what I claimed, but they both claim they were and there both old freinds that I can't call liars. they are long time buds.

been there done that against the new r1,,,, leads me till 150 plus

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089206276 -->

I guess it all matters on the distance the race was run. I'm really having a hard time with the lower gear roll-ons though. Don't get me wrong, I give props to just about any bike, but the distances you were beaten by just don't make much sense.

I'd expect that in 6th and from the gixxer in any gear up until 150. But the 954 man that sounds sketchy, maybe he had a shot of NOS LOL. Oh well man get em next time.

Rollin in 2nd gear at 30-40mph your way down around what 2500-3000rpm's? You should be starting out in first gear at those speeds....I agree with Got-Busa about the litres getting to the power band quicker, and I think there was your separation right there. You'll get 'em next time, just change the details of the rolling start..:)

Having done a TON of roll ons with a new R1 and Gsteve on his Busa I will guarantee you will loose to these bikes in stock form every time unless you are at the high end of the rpm range. It doesn't mater what gear you are in. If you start in 2nd gear and are below 8000 rpm the new litre bikes will pull you. They are FAST!!!!!. The R1 will stay with me side by side no matter where we start until 130 plus mph and then I'll start to pull on him. Gsteves busa will take to about 160 mph. Mines piped. The R1 is bone stock. From a start you should do better as they are wheelie prone big time.

Undrestand these were freinds racing ,just to see what the differences was in the same gear roll ons.. all out street racing YES I would have been in a lower gear to make my Busa come alive sooner. We were just having fun, The hole reason for this post is to let everyone know the liter bikes do run hard if set up right..My buddys gixxer is set up very good has not been beat by anything in our local area..The 954 is also set up very good and for a underdog bike it runs very hard also..[remember it has been geared down]
The next get together is planned for the drag strip. Where I should prevail no problem..The gixxer runs a best of 10.30's with the front strapped down.. Should be a fun day of beatin up.. LOL

yeah its all gearing. Now get them to do a 1st gear run. these monsters are geard way to high for a decent roll on at that speed. I noticed on a gsx1000 2nd gear is like 3500 rpms big differnce when you get to the 6000rpm pull. Drag them.

Doing a comparison with all bikes in the same gear is not a good comparison. They're all using different gearing, so it's apples and oranges.

Back