Busa Gen2 Just Died

virkdoc

Registered
Hi everyone! Needed some urgent help.
Have a gen 2 2011. Flashed ecu, full yoshi 4-2-1, PCV
Was coming back from a tour and doing around 140 kmph when she just died on me. The motor died.The display console went blank and the gauges stuck to where they were at that moment. Its showing me fuel, rpm, temp and speed stuck to that moment.
Tried everything but the console lights up orange but is still blank and stuck.
Things I tried before getting her home:
1) Tried to get the error code but no F1 light nor anything on the display since its blank
2) removed battery also but gauges still stuck
3) checked ignition fuse, fuel pimp fuse but nothing
4) Checked tip over sensor also but still nothing
It turns over but I cant hear the fuel pump coming on.
Thanks

nosbig

Registered
It will be under the rear fairing on the left side of the bike. Just follow the positive battery cable it runs straight to it.

virkdoc

Registered
Ok so took to to my friend who does all our bikes.
The fuel pump fuse had blown......now the interesting part......as soon as he changes the fuse it blows again! EVEN WITHOUT THE IGNITION ON!
He has checked the integrity of all the wiring and all seems to be in order.
What is baffling him is that why is it blowing with the ignition off.

jermzfree

Registered
That's a weird one. Seeing more than one thread about weird gen 2 electrical gremlins. Never a peep out of my 3 gen 1's that I've owned. o_O

Has to be a bad wire somewhere grounding out. Maybe on a circuit board in the ecu? Speedo? I purchased a standalone ecu for my turbo, and it would blow the main fuse every time the bike was started up. After a year of shipping the P.O.S back to the company repeatedly, I eventually ate the loss and went with an ecu flash. Haven't had a problem since. Start unplugging components and maybe narrow the issue down.

Best of luck

virkdoc

Registered
But the weird thing is that it's blowing the fuse even when the ignition is off. How is that possible surprises me? What thing in the bike is drawing current even when the bike is off? Immobilizer?

virkdoc

Registered
OK so after blowing like 10 fuses the 11th fuse we put in and she fires up!! My friends whos working on it has almost stripped the bike!! he hasnt been able to find the short. He has checked integrity of all cables. Whats puzzling is that the fuse was blowing even the ignition was off

mabupa

Registered
An electrical problem gets worse when if fixes it self.Until you find what caused it, you'll be riding with that on the back of your mind. Maybe leave the bike running and start moving wires around to try duplicating the problem and isolate it?

virkdoc

Registered
Yes exactly! Im being bothered no end. Its bothering him also cos he cant figure out why the fuse blows when the ignition is off

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
If the fuse blws when off you have a shorted wire on the non switched side. You have a hot wire touching ground somewhere.

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
But the weird thing is that it's blowing the fuse even when the ignition is off. How is that possible surprises me? What thing in the bike is drawing current even when the bike is off? Immobilizer?
Not sure where you are, but U.S bikes don't have a factory ignition immobilizer.
The ones that do have a very small red led to the right of the key switch, in the same plastic housing around the key cylinder.

David Offor

Registered
Bad fuel pump relay? Try bump starting it, instead of using the starter motor, that might highlight a possible starter motor issue, check your charging current when it's running, if it's up and down, it could point to a stator winding short.
Find out all the systems that have a constant live feed.

virkdoc

Registered
Bad fuel pump relay? Try bump starting it, instead of using the starter motor, that might highlight a possible starter motor issue, check your charging current when it's running, if it's up and down, it could point to a stator winding short.
Find out all the systems that have a constant live feed.
Ok will try that! Its still not sorted. And the problem is its even blowing the fuse when the key is off. I change the fuse and boom its gone. Can someone list all things which are live even when the key is off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Busa gen2 Build New Owners Forum 6
S busa gen2 gas tank? Appearance mods 0
busaboy999 Service manual for 2013-2018 gen2 ABS busa New Owners Forum 15
ky busa 67000 Mile Gen2 Busa Engine Compression Numbers General Bike Related Topics 1
Z Complet Gsxr 1000 Front End, On A Gen2 Busa Gen II Busa Information 12
Z Complet Front End From Gsxr 1000 On A Gen2 Busa Busa Mods 0
G My 8 Sec Daily driven Gen2 Busa Videos 1/4 Mile 14
G New Pb Gen2 Busa 8.78@163mph 1/4 Mile 5
J Gsxr1000. Wheel swap to a gen2 busa Gen II Busa Information 5
J New gen2 2014 busa Engine and Performance mods 10
S Gen2 Busa & K7-K11 1K Flashers on Sale Gen II Busa Information 1
BusaRoosta Can gen2 fairings fit on gen1 busa General Bike Related Topics 3
04LE B-king Swing Arm on Gen2 Busa? B-King General Discussion 10
G Gen2 Busa upgrades General Bike Related Topics 14
RussellJ Gen2 Brocks slip ons on a Gen1 Busa for Sixpack! General Bike Related Topics 3
RussellJ Gen2 Busa Deal of the Day General Bike Related Topics 3
gunn4hyr GPR V4 steering dampner gen2 busa Gen II Busa Information 17
LBusa08 GSXR1000 front fender on GEN2 Busa Gen II Busa Information 71
H Will Gen1 brake/clutch levers fit Gen2 Busa? General Bike Related Topics 2
Billy Busa Best mods for Gen2 busa? General Bike Related Topics 15
john74 What matching Helmet do you have for the GEN2 busa Gen II Busa Information 53
john74 Xenon light KIT on GEN2 BUSA?Do we need it? Gen II Busa Information 6
john74 speedohealer and TRE on GEN2 busa? Gen II Busa Information 42
P Tank bags for Busa? General Bike Related Topics 6
Busanwkrew Raised busa, 55 rear tire, better Handling General Bike Related Topics 13
HayaWakened Why I Ride - Even if it's not a Busa Videos 1
G All Years Busa lowering kit Parts and Modifications 0
Hoangdonghai Buying my first Busa New Owners Forum 24
C My Busa has a new stable mate! General Bike Related Topics 10
rubbersidedown Busa Bearings 101 Zook OEM vs not Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 7
S Looking for chain slider for an 06 (gen1) busa Wanted 2
rubbersidedown Vancouver Island Area Busa's Pacific Northwest 13
J Weird BUSA issue Busa problems 15
A Busa engine sputters when I launch at the drag strip All Motor 14
08BusaKY New garage mate for my Busa. General Bike Related Topics 67
J New Busa Owner Ypsilanti, MI New Owners Forum 18
H 2000 Busa plastics needed Classifieds 28
Bumblebee Carbon Busa body... Gen II Busa Information 6
B 2004 Busa grounds disappear when ignition is on General Bike Related Topics 2
rubbersidedown Washing yer Busa when U have no driveway,no hose,no soap and no clue Random Thoughts 7
rubbersidedown Rubb owns the Batman persona on Busa .....(and the Org) BUT.... Safety Gear 6
R Back to Busa land New Owners Forum 14
W SURPRISED HOW NIMBLE MY BUSA IS New Owners Forum 4
rubbersidedown Busa mod's that make you wonder/The most bastardized Busa's U have seen General Bike Related Topics 40
ItsDooomz FS: extended rear brake line, ABS model Busa Parts and Modifications 0
D 2000 busa vacuum Engine and Performance mods 3
S Busa depreciation... Off Topic 23
T New 2020 Busa owner in Homewood, Illinois New Owners Forum 21
V 01 Busa Won't Start Busa problems 28
Skywalker 2004 Busa Around Beautiful Colorado for a hell of a sun burn General Bike Related Topics 7