Busa Fuel Pump

dinobusa

Registered
I was told that the 99 and 2000 fuel pump was in the gas tank, now I am not talking about the fuel regulator that is in the tank. What is correct here, my title says I have a 2000 bike but my fuel pump is located under the tank setting in a bracket. I have a fuel regulator in the tank. What is the real deal here guys.

Thank you gentleman, now next question where do I look to find the fuel pump regulator? And I am speaking of the 99, 2000 Busa.

Last edited:
Thank you gentleman, now next question where do I look to find the fuel pump regulator? And I am speaking of the 99, 2000 Busa.

Regulator and fuel pump are as 1 unit I believe.. I just went through this and put a '01 model tank and pump on my '00 model.. no more troubles for me.. :thumbsup:

OK so I replace the fuel regulator, and was about to replace the fuel pump. As I said before the dash gave me a C41 code which means fuel pump regulator or fuel pump replacement. Right, but I replaced the main fuse and wouldn't ya know it bike cranks right up. Great news right, NOT I take it for a spin go past local spot to eat come back start that beast right up feeling good get not a half mile and that biotch did the same the shut down on me. So I get back into fue area the fuel fuse is blown, so I have to replace it with the 10amp fan fuse. She comes home with no problem, so I am just is damn confused as I was when she would not start. WTF is up wit my baby.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am betting your fuel system is clogged by a known problem on the 99-00 model and is overloading your pump thus blowing your fuse...

Can't figure where it could be clogged I changed the fuel filter as well, where else should I be looking. Everything else besides the fuel pump has been replaced, the fuel pump is working just fine. Now for part 18, I need some ideas dealer has been no help been to the shop.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Can't figure where it could be clogged I changed the fuel filter as well, where else should I be looking. Everything else besides the fuel pump has been replaced, the fuel pump is working just fine. Now for part 18, I need some ideas dealer has been no help been to the shop.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

injector screen?
Actual pump?

have you remove the line to the rail and made sure you have the right pressure pre rail?

Personally, I would clean the injectors and get rid of the OEM pump setup pronto....(budget allowing)

second option is what I have told others...

you dump the stock filters and screens and run an inline filter.

I am pretty sure I have an 00 pump if you need one to swap in and see if it corrects the situation.

Back