'BUsa for tall rider

edo

Registered
Hello, I am seriously considering getting a busa for my next ride. I just sold my Aprilia Futura which I enjoyed. My real concern is that I am 6'4" and when I sit on the bike the windscreen blocks most of the speedo.

I would plan on switching to a double-bubble and adding the Heli-bar risers. This would just leave the pegs which are higher and farther back than what I am used to.

Could anyone offer comments on general comfort if they are over 6' tall.

I am not fooling myslelf, I do not expect the same comfort as my Futura, but I want to make sure I will not be crippled after my first ride home. I have seen searching for a demo bike to ride but have not had any luck.

Thanks, Erik

I'm 6'8"

I installes a Zero Gravity Sport touring wind screen. The double bubble directed the air flow directly at my head, which was uncomfortable. For foot pegs, you can do the Buell foot peg mod, install TL foot pegs on the bike or remove the rubber from the stock foot pegs. I personally just ground down the little rubber nubs on the stock foot pegs. As far as risers, I can't help you there. I am comfortable with the stock set up.

Good luck!

Im 6'4 and I ride a 2002 busa I put a ZG DB wind screen and took the rubber of the pegs to bring my knees down in to the tank pocket. I know there is a Buell peg set that fits in the stock spot that lowers the peg even more if you a do a serch you will find it. Good luck Brother
cool.gif

6'3" and have no problems. Installed a DB windscreen and haven't even touched the peg mod yet. You'll love it!

I'm 6'3", have done no screen, bar, or peg mods. I find the peg and bar position very comfortable, as for the speedo, I don't look at it that much anyway.
tounge.gif

Thanks for the emails everybody. This has really helped me decide that th 'Busa is the right bike for me.

Thanks, I will post a pic when I am able to get something.

Erik

Back